Broken Hotas Warthog Joystick.....

Yes,that is also a concern. I guess there is no easy solution. Someone did disassemble the whole gimbal,sanded it with wet sanding paper to make the parts really smooth and regreased it. Would still be the same plastic parts though.

I have had my Warthog for over 4 years,never had troubles with the gimbal except beeing sticky. I was using an extension for the whole 4 years and it never broke. It had some heavy beating at times,I'm still confused why it lasted that long :o) Retired it for other reasons,still have it as a back up stick.

Edited by Lausbub78
  • Like 1

Yes I did this also, got some PTFE O-Rings done replaced the grease and it is working like a charm. Opened it up a few months ago after about one year of use to see how it is looking and both the grease and the O-ring looked like new. But as i reassembled it i got this itch to try and improve this thing, and make it more durable. And also more smooth if it could be achievable somehow.

Edit: In the end ofc, it would be more economical viable to just go for another stick from VKB or something similar, but I thought that the way TM got this thing to work is quite ingenious and it looks really good. I`ll keep researching this maybe i come up with something. Thanks for the ideas. :)

Edited by Slims

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell us if you have had any other issues with the stick over all those years please??, I mean like broken buttons, axis, dead zones, weathering of any kind, etc. Also if you have the throttle I would love if you can share the same experience with it...

Thanks!

i have the stick and throttle, after having the throttle for 16 months the buttons on the right hand throttle give multiple inputs intermitantly. have not found much on youtube. going to contact thrustmaster to see what they advise.