Force Feedback vs Trim

I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 that I love to use to fly the Huey with, but I also have a Thrustmaster T.16000M (mod'ed with Cougar grip) that I prefer for the A10C and P51. Problem is that if I leave the Forced Feedback box checked in the Options tab, when I try to fly the A10C or P51 trim inputs don't respond until they are at the extreme limits of travel.

In the P51 I have an analog pitch trim axis and key press roll trim. Both trim knobs move, but there is no aircraft response until the extreme limits of trim travel. Rudder trim acts normal.

In the A10C the key presses for trim are visibly moving the trim hat in game but no aircraft response until they have been held down a very, very long time. Again yaw trim knob acts normally.

Any prior experience with this problem? Is it worth deleting my input files and setting them all up again :( to see if they go away? Do I just have to live with leaving multiplayer games getting to the options screen and toggling the FF checkbox, then logging back in every time I switch aircraft.

Perhaps DCS can have per stick FF enable and option to enable/disable input devices for each aircraft.

In general it is not trouble free to have more than 1 control device connected.

To be honest, their might not be a cure.

I also have a MS FF2 stick that I use from time to time but 99% I fly the Logitech stick. I never have both connected, heck, this Mac only has 2 USB ports, AM I LUCKY OR WHAT ??

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

In general it is not trouble free to have more than 1 control device connected...

I disagree, DCS handles multiple controllers exceptionally well. I always have at least two joysticks connected, and occasionally have left my spacemouse connected and it will show up in the controller column (never actually tried to fly with it, might be interesting).

Have you swapped your FFB axes? The FFB forces are, by default, off by 90 degrees in DCS with the FFB2. Swapping the axes rights it. I had all kinds of wonk going on until I learned this, and since then FFB has been right as rain, and IIRC I get decent force responses in all aircraft that support it.