Trouble with Helios

Intrepid1

Hello to all :helpsmilie:

I have recently re-installed dcs world and the A-10 module from scratch (virus problems:() I downloaded the latest Helios from Gadrocks site and cannot get the Control center to open, I went through the installation process as usual , everything went normally with the Installation wizard. Unfortunately when I click on the Helios Icon installed on my desktop this is the window pop-up I get and I cant go any further. I have been buggering around with this for a while and have come to a standstill. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Randy

550878550_heliosmessage.jpg.3bb1ec5908d8763c30ad67af1f1c667c.jpg

Right click on the install .exe and pick run (admin) from the dropdown box.

A virus issue may require a full install of windows.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Helios requires .net 4.5 framework. Depending on the version of your OS it may or may not already be installed. Once installed it will work with windows auto update. If its not installed it should show up as an optional update. or you can just get it from microsofts site

Not sure if this is your problem but its one thing to check if you had to re-install

I have the latest updates installed of the .net 4.5

Thanks for the info Wartsell, still no joy tho.

I guess its about time for a re-install of my operating system. I wanted to get a new ssd drive anyway and run my system off of that, perfect opportunity now

Randy

Before you do that it looks like an issue i first had which drove me insane for a few days but what worked for me was to give Helios User Account Control worth a try.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

That sounds like another Idea I would be willing to try. I don't quite understand where to access "Helios User Account Control"

Could you point me in the right direction for that. Do I initiate the program from one of the Application files in Helios folder to do that or mess with a config file?

Oh By The Way, Thanks everyone for all your interest in helping me resolve this.

:thumbup:

Randy

• 1 year later...