Need some pretty basic help.

statrekmike

So, I hope this has a simple(ish) thing to answer because I am not really clear on how scripting works so before I delve headlong into learning how scripting might make this work, I am hoping that there is a more straightforward solution that I did not think of.

Okay, so I just bought Combined arms and noticed that I could use it as a really valuable tool for training missions, I could set up a bunch of planes on the ground and when I need them to head to a area to be a "target drone" that happens to fight back, I could just give them a order from the "F10" screen.

The problem I am having is that I can't think of how I would have the aircraft sit at the parking area cold and dark until I need them, is there a way I can have a aircraft sit cold and dark until I issue them a move order via the "F10" screen?

Yes, when you place the unit you select uncontrolled:

UNCONTROLLED. When setting an AI group to a “Takeoff from Ramp” (cold start) waypoint, the Uncontrolled check box can be used to have the AI group appear at their starting location on the ramp, but not begin the spool up sequence until initiated by an AI TASK trigger as set by the START Command in the Triggered Actions of the group. In this case, the group aircraft will appear in the mission in parked configuration and remain as such until triggered to “come alive”.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

No, the F10 command map is only for ground units:

PILOT CAN CONTROL VEHICLE. This checkbox enables/disables the ability of a player assigned to an aircraft to assign movement and targeting commands to AI ground units via the F10 map view during the mission. If you are creating a single player mission, you will probably want to enable this. This allows the player to directly task ground units while in the cockpit.

To launch the aircraft you could setup a radio command that uses F10 to initiate a trigger that would launch the ai aircraft. The ai aircraft would need to have it's waypoints already set.

Here is a simple example mission. You may need to change the client if you don't have the A-10C module.

After mission start 2 commands are created in the Radio F10 menu:

Launch Drone 1

Launch Drone 2

At Batumi there are 2 F-16 drone units sitting on the ramp waiting to be started.

Once you execute the radio command for either drone, the drone will start up and fly the waypoints as indicated in the mission. The commands are then removed from the F10 menu.

Hope this helps you meet your goals.

DRONE.miz