single player missions

wolf099

I just downloaded Combined Arms and it seems really cool but ive never played any game like this before. I'm a flight sim kind of guy but i like playing World of Tanks and thought this would be a really cool game but i guess i missed something along the way cause this seems more like somebody making video games. I get some of it but mostly in the dark about getting things to work. i'm not a programmer and ive been going to the fourms and online, youtube to get info.

So anyway i go into single player mode where the whole game seems to be loaded with bad and good guys my question is that nothing moved except my own tank that i picked on to start the game. Do i have to pick each object and give it commands to get stuff to move. I guess i got into something a little out of my league. Little disappointed in how this all works.

Id rather be playing than taking hours setting games up.

I set up a small tank battle one that ran on its own and one where i ran one

tank against 6 other tanks ... it was very cool to play but it took me a lot of time and trys to get things to work.... so am i correct in saying that this is a game that u mainly have to program in some fashion or another.

Please give me some kind of acknowledgement that im on the right track or not....

so am i correct in saying that this is a game that u mainly have to program in some fashion or another.

Please give me some kind of acknowledgement that im on the right track or not....

Programming skills are not required at all to play DCS, however the sim does support lua scripting for advanced users to create more complex missions. I don't have Combined Arms so I'm not certain of all its features, but most DCS modules come with campaign missions, instant action missions that are quick to start up and get going, and also a fast mission creator that generates a random mission. You may want to try these if you don't want to put lots of work into setting up missions. A few more options you have are to create your own missions in the mission editor, which can look daunting at first but isn't so bad when you get the hang of it, or find a multiplayer server that supports Combined Arms. Hope this helps.