DCS World doesn't launch

daHeld

I have bought the P-51D from amazon (so not the Steam version) and installed it via the DVD. After the install I got prompted for an update, so I installed the 1.2.10 version.

When I want to start the game, it opens a command console window for about a second, closes itself again and that's it. No error message, nothing. The task manager shows nothing running.

I tried to open it through the DCS.exe in the DCS World\bin folder instead of the launcher but all I get is a black screen (I got the activation screen, though, and was able to activate the plane online)...

Multiplayer seems to work fine, though (at least it starts up and prompts me for a username and password)

Please help me out. Everybody is telling me how great the plane is, so I'd be very happy to be able to actually see for myself...

I'm running on Win 7 SP1 64bit, with the latest DirectX and Visual C++ redistributable installed and have no problems with any other flight sim or game whatsoever.

That error was related to the C++ files in other posts, it was also part of a driver that didn't do well with the software (GPU Driver).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667 for C++ and then role back or update ur GPU Drivers, which ever is applicable in ur case.

There could have been a glitch in the matrix on ur last attempted C++ instillation u might want a do over.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.