How to use cluster bombs properly?

stray cat

How to use cluster bombs properly with the mig? in the average dive bombing the radius at which the bomblets scatter is barely larger than 40m and unless the target is bunched with vehicles it will rarely ever damage more than one target.

Can the fuze be changed so it explodes at a larger height?

Fuzing cannot be changed like in the A-10 as far as I know. I'm relatively sure all cluster bombs you load on the MiG-21 are set on timers before they open, which are most likely changed by the ground crew before flight.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I find cluster bombs other than CBU-97 and CBU-105 to be fairly useless in DCS, well at least I can't make much use of them compared to regular iron bombs.

For MiG-21, I would guess they are more intented as level / carpet bombing munitions, since bombing accurately with mig requires you to be fairly close to ground, which wouldn't play well for submunition spread pattern.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script