Heavy clouds & fog can stop the "RSBN/PRMG" signal ?

Skulleader

Hello guys ;)

There's few minutes I've created one little mission with a very bad weather, heavy clouds and heavy fog.

During my approach few times I've lost the signal "RSBN/PRMG" from my homebase :cry:

Above clouds everything was good but when my Mig-21 was inside the clouds and above the fog it's hard to receive the "RSBN/PRMG" signal, is it normal ?

So I would like to know if the clouds or fog can stop the "RSBN/PRMG" signal because I've lost my ILS signal.

And also in the clouds I've lost the RSBN receiver (Descend + Navigation + ILS), is it normal ?

The clouds and fog is like the mountains ?

With the mountains the "RSBN/PRMG" signal is blocked...

A would like to thank you for your answers, Skull. :helpsmilie:

A semi-related question: the receiver loses the signal when your altitude is too low. But that (and the reverse situation) happens instanteous, i.e. once you hear it, then suddenly it is gone. I would expect it rather to vanish (quickly?) into static noise? Or is there some electronics filtering the signal and only if a certain signal strength is reached, it is processed and hearable?

to answer the op, altitude and terrain are the largest factor in rsbn and arc range. basically if you descend below 2km you will have a less effective ability to acquire and maintain rsbn lock. also, if your in the Russian federation, dont expect to easily squire any rsbn from Georgina states, because of the mountains. ether way, read the manual and it will clarify the exact ranges per altitude.

Hello guys,

Thanks for your answers, after many tests I discovered that I'm very too low, if I'm under 350m I lose the signal of the "RSBN/PRMG", It's one mistake from my part...

So I go tested other instrumental landing and I give you my feedback.

Bye, Skull.