The HDD in Su-27

Alkaline

I have some issues with the Su-27 atm in FC3. Started practice it a few hours ago, but either I cant get the HDD radar scan to work properly, or I just dont understand it..

I activate BVR by pressing "2", followed by switching on my radar with "I". The HUD says "ILV" if I recall correct. But my HDD NEVER detects anything at all, not even friendly aircrafts.

The HUD works as it should I think.. I am able to lock, see jammers and such, but I feel heavily restricted without the HDD (Heads-down-display).

When I start the campaign in single player, then it works as it should. I can even see friendly's on the HDD that is behind me.. Please help, im going nuts.

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

Nothing displays on the HDD unless you have a contact in STT or you are in SNP mode (This is data fed from your radar), OR if you have a data-link source like AWACS or EWR (this is data that does NOT come from you radar, but some other radar - this is why you can see things behind you). Some servers deliberately do not provide AWACS/EWR to force you to use your radar operating skills.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nothing displays on the HDD unless you have a contact in STT or you are in SNP mode (This is data fed from your radar), OR if you have a data-link source like AWACS or EWR (this is data that does NOT come from you radar, but some other radar - this is why you can see things behind you). Some servers deliberately do not provide AWACS/EWR to force you to use your radar operating skills.

Oh.. yea that might be it, the server I play on is pretty hardcore (104th dedicated)

So, im not able to use the HDD as the pulse-doppler radar in the F-15? So, all I got regarding long range detection is my RWR? Cuz the HUD isnt so good at long range detection IMO if he doesnt use ECM. Or maybe Im just doing it all wrong, lol.

Whats the HDD's purpose then, if there is no AWACS available and such?

"Contact in STT", does that mean if I have a lock in my HUD in "BVR" ?

"SNP Mode". Never heard of it. How do I enter that mode?

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro