can i create a DCS-world map with lots of active ground and air AI activity

rootango

Hi Folks,

can i create a single player (or multiplayer) DCS world map with lots of continues active/dynamic ground and air activity ?

the purpose would be to make a practice environment to get used to the various aircraft, weapon systems, navigation, and locating targets (stationary or moving convoys on roads etc).

my hope would be to make the learning environment more interesting and immersive and so specifically would want to include:

- active/busy local airport for takeoff and landings, with refueling trucks and other ground vehicles moving around.

- have both tasked and random road traffic, with for ex moving convoys from point A to B (for target identification),

- have other aircraft moving around, either doing local airfield landings and takeoffs, or moving to/from various other locations with activity in the sky

and if yes, is it possible to populate the map with both civilian as well as military ground/air activity that move around dynamically ?

and lastly, is it possible to have that type of environment in an online server running 24/7 ?

Edited by rootango

The decision not to start world war three was not taken in the Kremlin or White House, but in the sweltering control room of a russian submarine being depth charged by US destroyers during the Cuban missile crisis. In response Captain Valentin Savitsky ordered the B-59's ten kiloton nuclear torpedo to target the aircraft carrier USS Randolf,which would have been vaporised. This launch required the consent of all three Russian senior officers aboard, and only Vasili Arkhipov refused permission.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

the only thing i see in those lists are missions, either multiplayer or single player. most of these afaik also will be limited to only having a few active AI units/aircraft when you are on the way to the target zone or over/at it, and AI ground/air activity at the airbase is always very minimal (unless i have overlooked an option to set this correctly ?).

what i am after is more a training-area type map that is heavily populated with active AI activity both on the ground (civilian mostly on roads going from A to B or randomly, and maybe some convoys military in certain area's) as well as AI in the air (again both civilian light and heavy aircraft). also at airfields i would hope to have some other aircraft moving around and landing/takeoff, and have ground vehicles moving around. at least have SOMETHING moving around and showing activity and sign of life rather then then the current "Easter Sunday" or post apocalyptic type silence and lack of movement.

basically having a dynamic living map that has life in it. the purpose being to get used to locating and identifying objects from various distances/altitudes, navigation, getting familiar with aircraft models and systems etc, and maybe some type of firing range (for free fall munitions and gunnery practice etc). right now from what i can see, and i hope i have overlooked something, is you either have a pretty lifeless free flight map, or load missions with hostile/defensive activity limited to (and at) the mission objectives

i am not looking to have 1000's of active AI object, but a couple of 100 would provide most of what is needed (partic since the map then doesnt need to include a war scenario where many objects are placed very densely in a small area related to the mission)

Edited by rootango

The decision not to start world war three was not taken in the Kremlin or White House, but in the sweltering control room of a russian submarine being depth charged by US destroyers during the Cuban missile crisis. In response Captain Valentin Savitsky ordered the B-59's ten kiloton nuclear torpedo to target the aircraft carrier USS Randolf,which would have been vaporised. This launch required the consent of all three Russian senior officers aboard, and only Vasili Arkhipov refused permission.