Track IR tips

I'm finding it awkward to check 6 with my Track IR5, have to strain upwards in my chair to see over the in-game seat.

Is it possible to somehow link the Yaw and Y axis, so that whenever I turn my head to look over my shoulder, my pilot's head will automatically lift up, so he can see over the backseat of the P-51?

Could you not lean slightly to the left or right of the seat, rather than spinning your view on the spot and trying to and look over it?

Edit: Checking Truview (I think it's called) in the TrackIR control panel makes this easier.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Or create a Custom Snap View for the view you want.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That works OK, but I liked the idea of being able to efficiently check 6 simply by turning my head, and not having to move around in the chair. You end up doing it so often.

Or create a Custom Snap View for the view you want.

Might just go with that. I was hoping to use Track IR for all viewing purposes, but it seems difficult to get my settings to work smoothly for all needs-- checking 6, checking instruments, tracking a target to the front/side, tracking a target while zoomed in, etc.

I see lots of gameplay videos where people's TrackIR looks totally effortless, so maybe I need to keep fiddling with my settings, or just get better at it.

tommytank...I was having this problem to and I contacted xxxjonhxx and he gave me his trackir software settings...speed 1 smoothness 15 and this fixed it

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

I switched to freetrack and built a 3 led setup. The tracking and interface is much better and I get a much greater range of head movement. Can still use the trackir camera by using the Optitrack SDK.

http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.com/p/trackir-cameras-with-freetrack.html?m=1

One trick I used to overcome "chasing" the mouse with head movement was to map the mouse scroll wheel click button to pause/freeze the headtracker so I could switch what I needed then click the scroll wheel again to unpause and resume headtracking.