EAC PATH mode loses trajectory

camsr

I think I know what OP is talking about. I often have to enable and reenable autopilot when climbing. I haven't done extensive testing since I only use it for getting up to altitude, but at about 9,000-10,000 feet I'll notice the plane dropping usually the left wing until it disable autopilot. Disabling autopilot and trimming the aircraft then reenabling autopilot seems to work for me. I have noticed that it is a different behavior than in previous patches. I noticed it happening in 1.2.8 I believe.

Every time I use PATH mode for more than roughly 2 minutes the planes begins to veer off course. Put simply, what gives? I go and fill a glass of water next thing I know I am running on the MO MO. Thanks.

PATH mode is supposed to keep your aircraft on flight path, which is defined as line between your aircraft and its TVV (total velocity vector) upon activation of AP. It does not keep altitude or course directly, and can mess up if flight parameters change drastically during its operation: like in prolonged or too steep ascends/descends, bank angles nearing 10 degrees. It is good tool when you have to take a dip into MFDs while climbing, but it is dangerous to leave aircraft unattended on it. If you want to go for glass of water, trim your aircraft and put it on ALT/HDG mode or bank it and put on ALT mode.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

If you want to go for glass of water, trim your aircraft and put it on ALT/HDG mode or bank it and put on ALT mode.

Maybe just get the glass of water before you start the Sim and have it at the side of you, but some where away from your computer. I have a glass holder on my table after ruining a few good keyboards because of my like for beer and gaming.

PATH mode is supposed to keep your aircraft on flight path, which is defined as line between your aircraft and its TVV (total velocity vector) upon activation of AP. It does not keep altitude or course directly, and can mess up if flight parameters change drastically during its operation: like in prolonged or too steep ascends/descends, bank angles nearing 10 degrees. It is good tool when you have to take a dip into MFDs while climbing, but it is dangerous to leave aircraft unattended on it. If you want to go for glass of water, trim your aircraft and put it on ALT/HDG mode or bank it and put on ALT mode.

Alright then I should use ALT/HDG to stay on course longer.

One thing I don't understand about ALT/HDG mode is crosswind. For example, if I am flying a crosswind and my plane is heading left, TVV right of the nose, what heading does EAC attempt to keep?