Capturing Airfields and Respawning Units

Shadow KT

Hello,

I am constructing a training mission and it is still in development and I've come to ask for help. (this sounds awkward rofl). If my questions have been answered before, please, post a link to info so I can check it myself.

I know this things might be possible to sort out with scripting, but I have no clue how to do it and If somebody wants to help out by doing some scripts for me I'd be quite thankful.

1) Capturing Airfields

So I have two airfields for both sides where planes spawn. Between the two home bases there are two airfields. I want them to be nautral but capturable, so when one side gets a hand on the other one thay can use the limited supplies on the nautral airfields.

But for using the supplies on a airfield you have to capture it first and here comes the problem. Just by landing on it without having any other units the airfield doesn't turn to any side. I tried putting units there which have late activation and spawn when a plane goes trough a zone at the runway's altitude.

So far so good. A RED plane lands, caps the airfield and can rearm and refuel. But if a plane from the opposite, BLUE, side tries to land it cannot recapture teh airfield with spawning its own units(it can but that means that his, BLUE, units are "stronger" than the enemies one's (RED) and if so when the enemy (RED) comes back and tries to cap the field he wont be able cuz his units power is not higher than the BLUE ones). I tried using "DEACTIVATE", but if done like that those units will be no longer activatable. Tried using "STOP" and "RESUME", which didn't work out as well.

2) Respawning units

So I have training sights with units for all the GA capable planes/helies to train on (each kind has its own zones). So far I have 5 groups triggered with late activation which spawn after the previous group has been destroied.

So teh question is, can it be done with a single group which respawns everytime. This will make the zone spawns counter bigger and it will easy off the mission load and the trigger work.

Also I 've heard about the random spawning script which can be useful so the mission spawns the units a bit randomly but in one generall area. The thing is I couln't find the dynamic spawning script by a search so if anyone has a link that would help, tho my scripting skills probably won't allow me to use it :)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

You may want to break up the questions into different posts next time.

If it was me, I'd do all that stuff with regular events, using your approach where you have late start groups that appear when an a/c gets into the airbase zone, and in the other scenario, when the previous groups are dead or Group Alive Less Than like ~10-20%.

The late start groups can be placed in different spots, and you could have multiple late start groups that are selected with a Random Flag value so you get more variety of where the spawn occurs.

If you want to use the script method, look at the Mist functions in the Mist Guide and try to put one together and come back in a dedicated post about that so you can get your questions answered quicker. My 2 cents...

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Put some armor and air defense in your spawn groups at the airbases, and have the red and blue coalitions fight it out for control. I will spawn these airbase capture groups outside of the airbase zone and have them drive into the base.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Having to do different late activation groups limits the the amout of caps dat can occure. Also As it a training zone, there is only Fighter Aircarft in the zone which won't be able to deal with armor and SAM

The units I have are invrunable. I just want the units to swap when a airfield is capped

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ahh, invulnerable...

Best I can tell you is to Deactivate the group that you don't want anymore. But you will need a late start copy of that group to 'reactivate' it. With this approach you know the names of your groups. Yes, you have to make as many as you think will be needed to cover the span of the mission time you expect.

You can prolly use a script but it will take some development. You have to choose whether to dynamically add a clone or spawn a new group. These groups will get a name assigned by the script engine. I've recently started using this capability so I'm not an expert.

WC