A10A A10C Gun effectiveness against Armored vehicles

Angus

Hello all , in my virtualy squadron , pilots of A10s note a problem with the GAU8 avenger ...

none T55 T72 or T80 are killed by gunshots , anybody have the same problem ?

PS: excuse me for my pour level of english .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Realistically speaking, the GAU-8 isn't able to penetrate anything harder than the back side of a T-62.

1.gif

Click me

It's only a 30mm, there's a reason MBTs use big cannons... :thumbup:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

I've just pierced one T80 with awesome gun run, not that hard.

Remember that AP rounds are heavier, so they drop shorter then HE rounds, keep that in mind while firing that b*tch :)

Isn't that the other way around?

In the manual page 368 it is stated that

When CM ammunition load is selected, there will be two pippers in the center of the reticle. The center most one indicates predicted impact point on Armor Piercing (AP) rounds and the one to the lower right is for High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) rounds.
I also aways believed that the AP rounds were lighter.

Usually I get good result with the gun by shooting long bursts (+2s) at close range (to ensure a maximum density of hits) and to any area except the front of the target (rear/top is best). Higher dive angle also helps concentrating the hits.

The manual page 524 states 0.5 miles for maximum range for the tanks, it is sometimes hard to achieve as their light gun fire damages the avionics.

Edited by PiedDroit

Obviously the OP has drawn attention to an overpowered GUA-8 in the game. :book:

The GAU-8 will now be made weaker so that it does not perform unrealistically against Russian MBTs.

Thanks for drawing that to our attention Angus :thumbup:

Remember that AP rounds are heavier, so they drop shorter then HE rounds, keep that in mind while firing that b*tch :)

AP rounds are heavier, therefore they have better ballistic performance, making them drop *less* short than HE rounds. You know, a feather and an anvil'd drop at the same rate if it wasn't for that pesky air.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Obviously the OP has drawn attention to an overpowered GUA-8 in the game. :book:

The GAU-8 will now be made weaker so that it does not perform unrealistically against Russian MBTs.

Thanks for drawing that to our attention Angus :thumbup:

Joking right?

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.