Need Good HOTAS Warthog Profile for FC3

Hey guys, I just got a nice new HOTAS Warthog for Christmas and looking for a good profile to load it up with. The target GUI isn't as simplistic as I once thought, programming this is getting quite difficult. There's a lot of options like press, hold, release, pulse...can someone explain the difference?

I also downloaded a profile but it's split to two files in .lua file, where do I put these?

Because when I edited one, it comes in a .fcf file, please help thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.lua file is to put in DCS but it probably doesn't work anymore because the structure of the input files for the user has changed some time ago.

The TARGET GUI sucks! It's immensly slow to use and doesn't seem to have any kind of order of where to put what after you make an assignment.

Go for the script instead. It might take a little while to get started but once you get the hang of it there is almost no limit to what you can do with the WH.

There is a help file if you click the "?" in the topright corner that will get you started. (has a few typos in a few of the codelines though, but nothing that you wont see through).

I have made some for some of the FC planes, I'll see if i can remember to upload them tomorrow, but they are made in script and won't work in GUI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Sure anything would help at this point, script/GUI...not sure why there's two separate editors for this joystick, I was wondering why I have both installed. As long as I can see it and kinda get an idea of what I'm doing then I should be set.

Because I tried to play around with the GUI, had a few keys binded, then in game it stops working or either some keys I selected "hold" like the TD box but I have to remember to leave others as "press" or "release" don't know what's the difference between those two and then it doesn't work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is one that i made for the F-15. There is a lot of old junk in the TMC file, but i made some notes and the rest of the stuff is in the manual.

You will need my keybinds for the game as well so i included them too. They will overwrite your own though, so make a backup.

F-15 WH.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

thanks for the help so far, the script editor seems harder than I thought so I might take a look into he target GUI first since that's recommended for starters.

But I want to know what is the difference between the release, press, pulse...etc. Hold is obvious but can't really find the difference on release or press and when to use those. And also how to create secondary combo keys, like with the saitek joystick I can flip into mode 1 2 3, since there's no direct function for that, i need to know how to create a back layer keys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're are welcome.

UMD and IO are the modifiers for the different layers.

With U(p) M(iddle) D(own) you select a three position switch to be your layer switch. The default is the boatswitch.

With I(n) O(ut) you can select any 2 position switch to be your modifier. Default is btn 3 on the stick.

There should be some place to assign the function to a layer when making your key assignments and somewhere in the GUI you can assign which switch you want to be your modifier and what type to use. UMD, IO or both.

I don't remember the GUI too good while i only spend very little time with it.

As for the press/release: Assigning a press command to DX1 f.ex. will keep DX1 pressed until there is a release command. So if you assign a press command you need a release command too. Otherwise you will have a stuck button.

It can be useful for the weapon release button where where you have to hold the button for ~500 ms.

It would go something like this: Press DX2, delay(700), release DX2. That way you just have to tap the weapon release to launch a missile. Works great for fighters but is not good for dropping bombs.

Pulse is just like tapping a key on the keyboard. it lasts 50 ms as default and will not work as a weapon release button but would be good for selecting waypoint, kneeboard, countermeasures and stuff like that.

I think you should reconsider using the script editor once again. I know it seems like a lot of work to begin with, but it really isn't once you get the hang of it. It's much faster and you can make your own structure. Something the GUI isn't very good at.

Just start out doing some simple things. you can even copy/paste the examples from the manual and then take a look in the device analyzer when you have your script running to see whats going on.

I hope this makes sense. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Here is one that i made for the F-15. There is a lot of old junk in the TMC file, but i made some notes and the rest of the stuff is in the manual.

You will need my keybinds for the game as well so i included them too. They will overwrite your own though, so make a backup.

Hi,

I am currently start to work into the details after quite some time. what i saw in your tmc looks great to work with! do you have by chance a similar setup for the SU27?

thx

flex