Ground roll sound for WWII planes (or lack thereof)?

Art-J

Changelog for 1.2.14 mentioned "WWII aircraft - added ground roll sound", which puzzled me, because as far as I remember, some sort of "stock" roll sounds were always there. But OK, let's see what it's all about.

After a few weeks pause, I decided to spend more time with Mustang and Dora today and my question for You prophead guys is - do You actually hear new roll sounds, or ANY roll sounds for that matter? I cannot hear anything, neither during take-off roll, nor after touchdown (only tyre screech If I touch down too hard, of course) . Sure, the engine does lots of noise, so for a test I decided to turn it off (plus any electrical, noise-making stuff on Dora) immediately after touchdown and started listening. Well, there was sort of a silent hummm, but I don't know if it was caused by air still rushing around canopy, or if that was supposed to be this "new" 1.2.14 roll sound.

Whatever that sound is, it's nearly non-existant, compared to noticeable bass rumble made by F-86 and MiG-21 tyres (mind You, Sabre's engine is a damn noisy thing in cockpit).

So the question is - do we have a ground roll sound in WWII planes or not, and if we do, does its level need some adjustment maybe, to make it actually audible?

P.S. - I don't use any sound mods for DCS.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.