Looking For Sabre Pilots

Invisibull

39th Squadron, 51st VFW

Hi All,

Anyone who loves the Sabre and wants to fly along with like-minded folk, add me on Steam (Invisibull) (If you don't have it, please consider getting it as it's an invaluable tool for communicating the server status in real time.) I have a server up most days, and am very interested in getting a small group together to practice formation flying and combat tactics including dog-fighting. I think it's going to be a blast once the MiG 15 shows up, especially if we can put a cohesive, well trained unit up against them.

Please go here for the latest server info.

Regards,

Bull

Screen_150110_164346.thumb.jpg.75b662cecf8defa842f2295dd25fbe58.jpg

51st_Fighter_Wing.thumb.png.9ff45efbd7b0624309356ff85994424b.png

Edited by Invisibull
update

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I'd be interested in this. Is there any idea of the time of day/ night the server might be up?

I'm in UK so just to check time difference etc :P

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!

What's the name of your server Bull?

Hi Zeke, It's always Invisibull's this or that. I'll be hosting one in a few minutes.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I'd be interested in this. Is there any idea of the time of day/ night the server might be up?

I'm in UK so just to check time difference etc :P

Hi Gort, Now O' Clock. :) It varies from day to day. Message me your email and I'll put you in the loop.

You all are welcome to come to my TS server whenever you like. Even for just a wee chat (gort).

24.168.90.244 pw: dcs

Wow! this server is amazing! I can honestly say I have never had this much fun in the F-86F until now. I highly recommend this server if you looking for some good fun in the saber. :)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Wow! this server is amazing! I can honestly say I have never had this much fun in the F-86F until now. I highly recommend this server if you looking for some good fun in the saber. :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Had a very nice session this evening. Silent has got to be the most dead on formation flyer i've ever seen. Case in point attached:

silent.thumb.jpg.2bd972fb51a27ae9d476bba4655835da.jpg

Definitely a great time on the server tonight, thanks for hosting Bull. Looking forward to many nights of gun fights over the virtual Korean skies.

You're most welcome, Zeke. Was great having you. Here's that recommendation i had for you:

Sabres Over MiG Alley: The F-86 and the Battle for Air Superiority in Korea - Kenneth P. Werrell

I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you do as well.

Sever is giving connection interputed. bull

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

71st_AH_Rob and myself from No. 71 Squadron might be interested to join up for some Sabre flights.

You and Rob are more than welcome, Charly.

As I strive for some modicum of realism on my server, I'd appreciate if you all could d/l and install the following two mods at some point:

WWII German Ground Units - http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1200742/

M4 Sherman - http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1193839/?sphrase_id=928194

If you're not already using JGSME to install you mods, I can't stress enough how easy and organized it makes the entire process. You can go here to learn more about it - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607&highlight=jgsme

If you need any help, just let me know and I'd be glad to walk you through it on TS.

Regards,

Bull

Got the files will install. Have you thought about using a label mod? There's a few really good ones out there.

I have indeed. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/

Notice the uploader. :)

The problem w labels is that w/o resorting to integrity checks, people can use all kinds of derivatives of the various label mods with some just outright silly imo. I'm going to keep labels off for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping EDGE will bring us some spotting relief soon.

All: If you add me to Steam (Steam name =Invisibull), you'll be able to see when I've got my server up. I don't believe you even need to have any games installed via Steam to do so. It will also allow for easier communication in the future.

Regards,

Bull

I have indeed. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/

Notice the uploader. :)

The problem w labels is that w/o resorting to integrity checks, people can use all kinds of derivatives of the various label mods with some just outright silly imo. I'm going to keep labels off for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping EDGE will bring us some spotting relief soon.

Awesome, sounds good. That's the label mod I use, best one I've seen so far. Yes, hopefully we'll get a cleaner canopy or something to help with spotting.

Fixed my taxi problem, seems it was one of the sound mods I had, I think the Su-27 one.

Please direct your attention to the original post in this thread for updated server information.

Regards,

Bull