Ricardo's war horse Mod

Hi Guys.

I have tried and tried to get Ricardo's cockpit MOD working,

Firstly the download is a folder ( JAN 25 14 A_10C_C_EDM_TEX ) that contains all of the files seperately not as a Zip file as per DSCWORLD\MODS\AIRCRAFT\A10C\COCKPIT\RESOURCES\MODEL\TEXTURES, so I cut the zip file and replace with Ricardo's folder, go to Sim and load up and an Orange cockpit awaits me.

If someone could enlighten me I would be very grateful.

On a seperate note ZZZZZSPACE Sound V2 is the dogs but that's installed using MODMAN.

Cheers guys

Try renaming the downloaded zip file (JAN 25 14 A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip) to A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip. i.e the same as the one you are going to replace.

Replace the one found in DSCWORLD\MODS\AIRCRAFT\A10C\COCKPIT\RESOURCES\MODE L\TEXTURES folder with your newly renamed zip file.

BACK UP ORIGINAL ZIP FILE FIRST!

It should then work.

Regards,

Milli

It is a ZIP file.

Thanks Milli,

So I have to change it to a zip file first,

If you downloaded that file from the Mods section of the forum, it is in .zip format. If you have JAN 25 14 A_10C_C_EDM_TEX file and you check it's "properties" you will note that. As Milli indicated, once you place that file in the appropriate place then you need to change it to the same name as the original. Always back up the orig.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I LIKE IT!

Rgr that Chief, all sorted now ty.

Ricardo's A-10C pit is one of the best mods out there in my opinion:thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Indeed it is,

Chief, I am having some hair pulling moments with installing MODS with JSGME, I am following Ebs instructions but still getting nowhere,

I make a folder in DCS WORLD \ _MODS eg: AIPatch , then unzip AI Patch file to that folder, but I keep getting a box that says c:\users\shane\Downloads etc etc

cannot create c:\program files\eagle dynamics\ etc etc

and if I try create a folder as per DCSWORLD\_MODS\AI Patch , I then get cannot use \ .,/ in naming a folder. it must be simple enough but I keep getting it wrong :( can you help me out please

cheers shane

Indeed it is,

Chief, I am having some hair pulling moments with installing MODS with JSGME, I am following Ebs instructions but still getting nowhere,

I make a folder in DCS WORLD \ _MODS eg: AIPatch , then unzip AI Patch file to that folder, but I keep getting a box that says c:\users\shane\Downloads etc etc

cannot create c:\program files\eagle dynamics\ etc etc

and if I try create a folder as per DCSWORLD\_MODS\AI Patch , I then get cannot use \ .,/ in naming a folder. it must be simple enough but I keep getting it wrong :( can you help me out please

cheers shane

Ummm..... navigate to your DCSWORLD\_MODS folder that you made, using windows explorer. Once there, make a new folder and call it AI Patch.

Open your zip file and either drag the contents to the new folder you created, or use the zip softwares menu to extract the files to the newly created folder.

Not sure what AI Patch mod is though. You will have to follow the JSGME instructions on how to arrange the folder structure inside your new AI Patch folder. Basically, you create the folder structure by imagining the AI Patch folder being the DCSWORLD folder, creating new folders exactly the same as the folders/files you are going to replace with your mod. A lot of mods are now JSGME compatible so the folder structure is already set up for you. Just by dragging the zips contents to your new mod folder, eg AI Patch, will do it.

Hope this helps. Sorry if i have got the wrong idea as to what the problem is.

Regards,

Milli

Edited by Milli