Help needed with Cap Zeen's Ka50 Helios profile

Hi,

I am a total noob with Helios and have a question about it. Any help would really be appreciated. I have just set up Cap Loz’ A10C Helios profile on a touchscreen and now want to set up Cap Zeen’s Ka50 profile but have an issue I need to resolve. The guide I was following deleted the code of the Ka50 in the Export example.lua file that it was modifying while setting up the Loz profile. This Export example.lua file was downloaded from this forum, from a group of files created by PeterP (called ‘All_Exports_ON_for A-10C_and_Ka-50_in_DCS World-1.2.5’) I deleted this code of the Ka50 and foolishly did not think to backup that ‘Export example.lua’ file before saving it.

My question is, have I ruined my chances of successfully setting up Cap Zeen’s Ka50 Helios profile by deleting this code for the Ka50 in this lua file? If so, what do I do? Would it work if I downloaded the files by PeterP again and copy and paste the code relating to the Ka50 from that back into my finished ‘DCS World/Config/Monitor Setup file which was the end result of modifying the ‘Export example.lua’ file that I mentioned earlier? Is there a better way? Is there even a need to do any of this, that is, will I be able to set up the Cap Zeen Ka50 Helios profile without this code of the Ka50 in the ‘Export example.lua file’? Will the 'lua' file in the Cap Zeen Ka50 Helios profile package suffice? I am still on a learning curve with this and trying to understand how this all works so thanks for any help.

OZTRIPWIRE

SnsdPf.jpg

I finally got the second monitor working, but... Why does it look like this? (Haven't yet configured the second monitors Shkval viewport, but I want it first to function).

And the big question, why doesn't Helios get any signals from DCS? The gauges and everything is dead...

- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

- "Upside-down shuttlecock of death" SU-27 as described by Sgt Baker

You need to do a reset monitors in the helios profile editor to fix the scale.

And you need to use the correct export.lua

You can download from my previous post or from the profile package.

Follow the instructions on the web or from the readme.txt

I have done the monitor reset. Several times. And I have the correct export.lua from your Profile package. Any suggestions what else could be wrong? :helpsmilie:

I have done the monitor reset. Several times. And I have the correct export.lua from your Profile package. Any suggestions what else could be wrong? :helpsmilie:

Looking your image, the profile is not scaled for your monitor resolution, make sure you have the scale box cchecked when you reset your monitors.

And start again from the original profile on the package.

If the profile allready have a new ( and wrong) scale, probably you cant restore it.

Looking your image, the profile is not scaled for your monitor resolution, make sure you have the scale box cchecked when you reset your monitors.

And start again from the original profile on the package.

If the profile allready have a new ( and wrong) scale, probably you cant restore it.

I took a look at your Monitor setup .lua and it was allready 1024x768, as my monitor is.

How come Helios gets no signals from DCS? Any thought on that?

And BTW, thanks so far... :)

Load the profile on the editor and check the install path of the game in the profile explorer tab/interfaces/flamin cliffs 2 and then in the flaming cliffs 2.0 setup window.

In my profile point to the dcs world openbeta and probably you use the release one.

Dont forget to click on the setup flaming cliffs button.

After this, check again the export.lua

Ft4sA2.jpgOK, progress! Now the gauges are working! Great!!!! And the second screen is looking a little better, but not perfect. Check out the pics:

SpfC5A.jpg

Hello again.

You are using a 4/3 aspect ratio resolution monitor.

Normaly i made the profiles for 16:10 and 16:9 aspect ratio monitor.

Thants the reason the profile dont fit your complete screen in vertical.

Okay. I can live with that. Thanks! How about a SU-27 or MIG-29 profile? I really would like to see the RWS... Please!!! :thumbup:

Could you also have a look at my SU-25 lua? Looks like this:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2_monitores_su25t');

Description = 'Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/9;

}

}

--SHKVAL su25t

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1040;

y = 1420;

width = 380;

height = 230;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

There is something very wrong with this. I suck at math...

Hi,

Thanks very much for the ‘export.lua’ file Cap Zeen, it is much appreciated. Just have a few questions for anyone before working on setting the Helios profile up though, just wanted to clarify a few things. Thanks for any help.

Am I right in thinking that setting up the Ka50/A10C Helios profiles by Cap Zeen and Cap Loz respectively using this new ‘export.lua’ file will not cause problems with my pre-existing A10C Helios touchscreen profile by Cap Loz, using a different export.lua file? It won’t mess up that A10C profile will it as it has its own monitor configuration file under the Options menu in DCS World? Just thought I had better check. I take it that I can use any number of export.lua files even those programming the same aircraft under the User/My Name/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts section, with no problems created?

How does it work in regards to ‘Adding an Interface’ when setting up an aircraft (e.g. the A10C) that has already been set up in the Profile Editor using a separate Export.lua file? Do I have to add the A10C interface again when setting it up for the second time?

Also, does the export.lua file created when adding the A10C as an interface in the Profile Editor cover the Ka50 as well or will it create a new export.lua file for the Ka50?

I also was wondering whether there is a very detailed step by step guide to setting up Cap Zeen’s Ka50 Helios profile like the one I followed by DerekM for setting up Cap Loz’ Helios profile for the A10C? I haven’t found one yet and I found that guide very useful.

Thanks for putting up with my questions. Really appreciate any help.

OZTRIPWIRE

Hi,

Thanks very much for the ‘export.lua’ file Cap Zeen, it is much appreciated. Just have a few questions for anyone before working on setting the Helios profile up though, just wanted to clarify a few things. Thanks for any help.

Am I right in thinking that setting up the Ka50/A10C Helios profiles by Cap Zeen and Cap Loz respectively using this new ‘export.lua’ file will not cause problems with my pre-existing A10C Helios touchscreen profile by Cap Loz, using a different export.lua file?It won’t mess up that A10C profile will it as it has its own monitor configuration file under the Options menu in DCS World? Just thought I had better check. I take it that I can use any number of export.lua files even those programming the same aircraft under the User/My Name/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts section, with no problems created?

How does it work in regards to ‘Adding an Interface’ when setting up an aircraft (e.g. the A10C) that has already been set up in the Profile Editor using a separate Export.lua file? Do I have to add the A10C interface again when setting it up for the second time?

Also, does the export.lua file created when adding the A10C as an interface in the Profile Editor cover the Ka50 as well or will it create a new export.lua file for the Ka50?

I also was wondering whether there is a very detailed step by step guide to setting up Cap Zeen’s Ka50 Helios profile like the one I followed by DerekM for setting up Cap Loz’ Helios profile for the A10C? I haven’t found one yet and I found that guide very useful.

Thanks for putting up with my questions. Really appreciate any help.

OZTRIPWIRE

(Sorry if I posted this twice)

Hello OZTRIPWIRE

lets see...

You only need one export.lua

The one i am using as a base for my modifications is the Loophole one (prepared to work width KA50, A10C and FC3)

So you can run Cap Loz a10c profile, Capt Zeen ka50 and SU25t profiles width the same export.lua.

You need a different monitor setup for each one, obvious, because each one uses diferent positions for the mfds.

In my case i am using my profiles and the Cap Loz for the A10C with the same export.lua.

You dont need to set up again your a10c profile, he knows where the export.lua is right now.

If you want to add the ka50 one, make backup copy of you original export.lua first ( just in case you need to come back), and then just setup the profile ka50 in the helios editor. After that, copy ( overwrite) the Loophole export.lua over the one you got in scripts.

Be care, if you use tackview, tars or other complement that uses export.lua, you need to copy the correspondents lines to the new loophole one!