Helios for A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark at same time

I love the Helios software - it is really great, but I was a little frustrated that I could not easily switch from flying the A-10 to the Ka-50. The problem is the Export.lua file, which exports different data for each aircraft.

I decided to have a crack at addressing the problem, and hacked together a combined A-10/Ka-50/FC3 Export.lua file based on Gadroc's individual Export files. It's not the most elegant LUA code in the world, but it seems to work OK. I have attached a copy for anyone who would like to use it.

It currently handles A-10C, Ka-50, and the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft. It should be possible to extend it to handle the other high-fidelity aircraft, once I get around to it. If anyone has Export files for other DCS aircraft, I'm happy to take those and merge them into the logic.

I hope this is of use to some of you!

Revision History

Updated 27/7/2013 to add FC3 support

Updated 06/01/2014 with FC3 AOA fixed, plus tidier and more comments

Updated 28/07/2014 with fix for F-86F-related crash

Updated 7/08/2014 previous fix broke the A-10C, now fixed

Updated 20/08/2014 fixed some logic issues that crashed the script when changing aircraft during a mission

Updated 11/09/2014 Re-enabled HSI export for FC3 aircraft; now seems to be working.

Updated 24/09/2014 Added some improved HSI logic from Capt Zeen (thanks), and cleaned up code a little.

Installation

Drop the Export.lua file into <your user folder>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Export.zip

Edited by Loophole
Newer version of Export script.
  • Like 1

Great!

I will check it out tomorrow... just what i was looking for...!

Btw, is it possible to get an mustang helios profile or at least to use the standard-gauges from helios for other aircraft (mustang) to create a simple similar cockpit?

lnr212, I think the Export.lua will have to be enhanced in order to get gauges working for the P-51 and other aircraft; I can see how the Export works, but have not yet found out how to determine the new aircraft-specific parameters for the P-51 and others. Not even sure if the older-style 'FC' aircraft support that sort of export at all. It is on my 'to do' list, though.

...hm, doesent work for me :(

am i doing something wrong?

i just took your lua file, but i cant use both helios profiles. i have to quit the game, set the other game up in the profileeditor and start the game again. then it works (as before).

how are you doing?

when i set up black shark in the profileeditor, a10 is gone, and vice versa...

• 3 months later...

Cool. I was going to poke around in those export files this weekend. I will have to give this a shot.

EDIT: Btw, I would love to have the exports work for the P-51. I have been toying with a profile for some of the switch panels but gauges would be sweet.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I believe this has to go in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts now with 1.2.3.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I believe this has to go in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts now with 1.2.3.

Yup!

You can further append the following when TACView 1.2.3 and TARS 1.0.2.b2 is installed and configured (TARSExport.lua & TacviewExportDCS.lua should also be present as well as the relevant files in the DCS World folder in Program Files):

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TARSExport.lua')
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

Edited by tietze

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Yup!

You can further append the following when TACView 1.2.3 and TARS 1.0.2.b2 is installed and configured (TARSExport.lua & TacviewExportDCS.lua should also be present as well as the relevant files in the DCS World folder in Program Files):

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TARSExport.lua')
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

I have the do file in my save games dcs scripts you know the rest. However my file does not look like yours dofile. Do I need to ammend it to look like yours? This getting confusing to me.:helpsmilie:

I have the do file in my save games dcs scripts you know the rest. However my file does not look like yours dofile. Do I need to ammend it to look like yours? This getting confusing to me.:helpsmilie:

It's the export.lua in your Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder that you need to add those lines to, if you're using TARS and TACVIEW that is.

dofile is just a command so you shouldn't have a file called do or dofile!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work, thanks very much.

I don't intend to throw this thread off; does this work with FC3 F-15C?

I've got A-10C working but unsure if FC3 works also? I can't find another thread that mentions whether FC3 exports work?

If it does, I guess my Helios profile is wrong, is their a sample Helios profile to test with ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

It does not work properly with FC3 at the moment. You can use FC3, but you won't get any exports. It ought to work, but so far I have been unsuccessful, and I don't know what the problem is - either Helios doesn't like the FC-style exports, or FC3 works differently to FC and they haven't documented the API changes.

I have a profile that works with FC3 as far as sending keystroke macros, but no live instruments or switches that mimic the 3D cockpit controls.

• Like 1

Thanks Loophole. This solved my probs trying to get my exports going with BS into Helios. Great work!

Rep Inbound :)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you post a sample (or your) Export.lua?

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM