[EVALUATING] Stabilization Mode - makes aircraft harder to control!?

Flagrum

When stabilization mode is enabled, stick inputs should be somewhat dampened - and the aircraft should therefore react "slower". Is my interpretation correct here?

I ask, because ... it does not. When I deflect the stick, i.e. hard to the left, the aircraft banks left (can't say if the reaction is in fact smoothed or delayed) ... and keeps rolling for a second or so - even if I re-center the stick quickly. This way the reaction of the aircraft is much more difficult to control than when the stabilization is NOT enabled.

I suspect that the dampening/filtering algorithm is not working as intended / as in RL.

Btw, I noticed this already before 1.2.15, so this is not newly introduced imo.

Edited by Cobra847

• 2 weeks later...

Yes as many other thing it is far from the real one.

The stabilization mode is supposed to work like this:

You push the button and the plane should stay at pitch and bank angles of the moment of push (given that the deviation of any angle is more than 6 degrees) as long as you dont force the stick with 1.2kg to bank or 1.9kg to pitch.

Edited by sissypilot

Maybe is not dampening but "locking" the controls trying to stabilize that attitude it had when it was initiated so trying to move it away from there it would be harder as it will fight back with the authority it has... Like the Ka50 is fighting the pilot when missunderstood.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Maybe is not dampening but "locking" the controls trying to stabilize that attitude it had when it was initiated so trying to move it away from there it would be harder as it will fight back with the authority it has... Like the Ka50 is fighting the pilot when missunderstood.

I don't know, maybe I have to try it again and watch it more closely.

But iirc, then I could initiate a roll without problems - the aircraft reacted immediately to my stick deflection.

But I had expected to react with some sort of delay because of the dampening. But more importantly, when I re-centered the stick to stop the roll, the aircraft kept rolling. As if the dampening was still giving roll input and that input was not dimishing quickly enough.

I would expect it to function somehow like a shock absorber: compress slowly, but extend quickly (so a bump in the road gets smothed out ... without bouncing the wheel into the air).