.ogg files not playing at same time

PB4Tazman

Possible bug report.

I am not sure if this has been addressed or not.

Prior to the latest patch 1.2.15, I could have .ogg sound files playing simultaneously during a mission.

Now during the mission as soon as one sound starts, the other is stopped automatically.

I see in the 1.2.15 changelog mention of "Trigger "Stop last sound" will works."

So I am assuming they changed some sound stuff in the ME.

My question is will it be possible to have triggered sound files playing simultaneously?

Many of my missions have multiple sound files, and are not working correctly with this latest patch.

Thanks,

Tazman

Thanks for the reply Blooze.

The problem lies in the triggered sound files during the mission. For example:

If a sound file is triggered by unit "A" entering a zone "X" it can be prematurely stopped if unit "B" triggers another sound file by entering zone "Y".

Used to be .ogg files could play at the same time, now that seems broken.

I have seen in past missions where sound files overlapped by accident and made a mess of things so it's easy for me to understand why that would have been considered a flaw that needed to be fixed. Unfortunately you were using this flaw to your advantage and will have to find another way of accomplishing the same result. Joining multiple tracks into a single track to be triggered by one trigger may be the only viable alternative. If you are referring to having sound effects play at the same time as voice-overs then that would be the best way to do that anyway IMO.

I do not see it as a flaw, unless the mission builder has the sounds playing to "all" or "coalition" units all at the same time, that would be problematic.

However, I see no issue with having different units getting different messages according to the triggers set in the mission. Joining multiple files into one file does not work when you have a dynamic style trigger setup.

As of this latest patch if they happen to occur at near the same time, one gets cut off prematurely.

• 5 weeks later...

At least with the 1.2.16 beta patch I'm having audio files stop only if a group will receive the interrupting audio file. If I trigger audioA for groupA and then audioB for groupB, the audio plays for both groups just fine.

Radio transmissions appear to be able to "stack" messages on top of one another.

The issue of making sure text and audio messages don't interrupt other messages has been around for a while and is pretty much governed by users working around the problem. As far as I see it is the same core problem, its just the circumstances have changed. Before you'd get a garbled audio message or text would disappear before you could read the information, now the audio just outright stops, when the other begins.

To trigger around this there is a pretty simple solution.

Switched Condition> Time since flag 1 is 20 seconds> Flag 1 Off

Once> Whatever> Set Flag 11 true

Once> Whatever Else> Set Flag 12 True

Once>Flag 11 True and Flag 1 false> Set Flag 1 True, Audio and Text Message A

Once>Flag 12 True and Flag 1 false> Set Flag 1 True, Audio and Text Message B

If both flag 11 and 12 were set true at the same time, the triggers are setup to play message A first and 20 seconds later message B.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum