Jester AI Question

zarthrag

It seems pretty neat to have a RIO, but will you guys provide some lua hooks, (and spoken dialog) that might make it *easy* to use voice control. Personally, I'd prefer to be able to have very consistent options/menus (e.g. when contacting an ATC the menu choices are (re)ordered based on distance from your current location....that's bad.) You don't have to provide a voice solution at all, but being able to pipe commands INTO jester in a straight-forward way could make for some interesting mods.

I think even if Jester is a straightfoward GUI you should be able to use simple keybindings with programs like voiceattack.

I would say there is no need for a 3rd party developer to spend time for module specific voice recognition :imho:. They have enough construction sites...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you misunderstand the point. I'm already running my own voice recognition software in the background. To interact w/Jester, I'd rather pipe a command to an interface, than add even MORE keys being simulated/pressed. Direct keybinds are okay, but designing a menu isn't the same as designing a speech recognition grammar.

The UI for JESTER is hierarchical, thus you can use chained keybinds in whatever you use to capture your voice.

For the sake of mapping commands that are used often, it is likely that we'll provide as many direct mappable keybinds as possible.

Really cool. The voice commands is only reconize in ingles or languages too?

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind