USB or VGA for MFD's

Thick8

I have 2 290 video card. I will be running my 3 main screens the 2 MFD monitors and a CDU screen. I want to minimize the FPS hit of the 5 screens. Would there be a difference between USB or VGA monitors?

John

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Yes. For best results have all displays connected to the video card(s).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

USB adapters and indeed anything USB gives display lag on those connected screens.

Not to mention the software used for USB to Video is DisplayLink and its is very problematic with Win7 64. It also has major issues with most Nvidia products.

From my experience with DisplayLink, I would stay away from it....far away!

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I'll confirm, I gave the wife my USB screen and replaced it with an older HP1702 VGA.

As above, lag, if I put the cockpit MFD on in the A-10 and the one on the USB screen, the cockpit MFD showed the target exploding 1-2 seconds before the USB.

Display Link, might have been my MOBO but on Win 7 x64 it connected and disconnected at will.

I am currently using 2x 8" lilliput USB screens. I can confirm that there are issues. Display Link and NVIDIA do fight. Once my screens are connected I can't start nVidia control panel.

I haven't noticed any lagging and also I didn't have much of a frame hit but then again I haven't really spent time comparing. As a temporary measure they are ok, but must agree with others - screens connected directly to your display cards is the best option.

Regards,

Janis