2 Easy steps to master the Ka50

Reaper6

I guess it can be tiresome to answer basic questions, but more players are always a good thing, no?

Yes but new players have to bring enough enthusiasm to learn also by themself. And this is what this Thread is about.

There are Countless people thinking like, OK i have this sim but iam to lazy to read so let somebody else take you by the Hand and lead you all the way through.

But Online Trainings should be more be seen like an effective addition.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I've known you for quite a while and I admire your efforts here. Hard core simming is a closed door for some and both TAW and you do well to volunteer to bridge that gap, despite the difficult audience.

If I had a penny for comments that go along the lines of "Have you read the manual?" "No, I don't like reading."

It's fair to make that judgement, my own experience validates that anyone not able to make an effort for themselves is a poor candidate for learning in general.

That said, welcome to the Youtube generation, where you can find a video tutorial on almost anything and bans the remaining ones it cannot show.

Classroom based training is not common, you've set a new bar, if not just in patience.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

RTFM is not optional but required if you want to have any level of competence with this airframe. If you want just enough skill to watch the pretty esplosions.. then never mind the manual.. watch a few vids then get up there and release some ordinance, then move on to your next game. Thank you for contributing R&D/Dev funds to create the next ED studysim for those of us who get to experience the real wonder of precision and power.

As for me, I eat the info from the manual with ravenous glee.. over and over. I feel sorry for people who don't have the self discipline to do the same, but I'm glad they're there to help fund ED. Go ED go! I'll take an Apache with a side of Kiowa please!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• ED Team

I think for some people it may feel like: "Wow, you read the manual and have spent hours and hours getting proficient at all these switches, maneuvers, weapons and sensors?...Tell me how"

...(barely 30 minutes later)...

"Yeah yeah, but when are we going to start shooting stuff?"

The above example is just one instance, but I have tried to teach a few in the past that ask for training, and then fight you every step of the way; from ensuring critical HOTAS mappings to listening why you can't just max out the collective and go full deflection on the cyclic at high speed. ("Why did all my rotor blades just sheer off?!")

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head