Connection issues

WaitingXR145

Please can anyone help me with this, when I go to play on multiplayer it says I cannot connect to the master server and then I have to exit out because it won't do anything, any ideas what I am doing wrong, used to fly online no problem so not sure what is wrong.

There are many issues that can be resolved by going to your Saved Games/DCS folder and re-naming it to DCS1. This will allow DCS to create a new Saved Games folder and eliminate the possibility that your problem resides in the Saved Games folder. Try that first. It's also wise to do a DCS Repair from the Start menu to be sure that all of your files are correct. Often times with connection issues you may get a quicker solution by going to the USER SUPPORT section on the main DCS page and submitting a ticket to ED.

Edited by Blooze

There are many threads regarding connection issue here, try a search for "connection to master" "DCS ports" etc. to get some general info what you can encounter with DCS. YOu may read lots of stuff that is not your problem but you will better understand things, reading doesnt harm :)

Now to your problem:

1: Do you have a 3rd party Firewall installed in your OS ?

If yes, DEINSTALL IT and try again

2: Do you have a Antivirus Suite installed ?

if yes, DEINSTALL and try again

3: Have you rebooted your router lately ?

If no, pull the plug for 10 sec and reboot the damn thing

The first 2 questions solve half of all problems regarding connection errors.

If they dont solve it, please search the forum for previous posts regarding closed/blocked ports.

DCS needs more than port 10308 tcp and depending on your Router, Firewall and/or security suite this might be your problem, read and understand this thread to check ALL relevant ports inbound & outbound:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120856&highlight=xmpp

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The only server I have tried using my new Mig-15 where I keep getting kicked off, is the Korea War era server. Yesterday this happened 6 times, I never got to starting the jet. I asked a question in text chat about it, then I was on a couple hours no problem.

Ten minutes ago, same problem has occurred, a couple of times. I never completed the manual startup, then "connection interrupted".

I do have the added English cockpit mod as well as the clear cockpit canopy mod.

Is this issue unique to only this server?

I have quite a few DCS aircraft and have sim flown in the DCS MP for a few years with few connection problems occurring.

(later edit) :

Got on the 104th Phoenix's server and flew the Mig-15 for an hour without issue.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]