Request: Making AI Difficulty a global setting

winz

This is something that has been on my mind for a while. Basically, I would like to see an ability to set AI Difficulty (separately for Friendlies/Enemies or Red/Blue) in the options menu. This option would then apply to all mission the player would fly.

Why would I like to see this? Because skill varies from player to player and currently there are very few options to customize the sim to fit the skill of the player. Sure, you can tone down the realism settings, but I doubt many people like this approach. Having a global setting for AI difficulty would alow the player to better fine-tune the difficulty of the sim. Which in turn would allow the same mission to be enjoyable, and challenging, for both novices and experienced simmers.

What are your opinions?

Edited by winz

er... you already have option to set each AI unit to different levels of skill. I usually set them to random (so I never know what I get).

Yes, you have the option to set them in mission editor, so the mission gets most likely fine tuned to match the skill of the mission designer designing the mission and not the player.

Going through the mission editor and changing AI skill of all flights is not something that should be expected from a regular player. There should be a more natural way to increase/decrease the difficulty.

Edited by winz