What is EPLRS in advanced waypoints?

I am just looking at a mission we intend to use for one of our online multiplayer sorties, and I notice there is an entry in advanced waypoints, a perform command option, called EPLRS, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it actually does.

Could some learned mission writer please explain it to me?

Thanks

Page 176 in the User Manual:

"EPLRS

Set the unit's position datalink on/off."

Page 201 in the User Manual:

"Only ground units that have EPLRS (as shown in waypoint advanced options) can transmit target location data via datalink to suitably equiped aircraft. Only armed units can designate a target with smoke and laser. (e.g. APC M1043 HMMWV Armament)."

In the ME for certain units (Allied forces mostly - I haven't tested all units) it allows for them to show up on the A-10C TAD display as an "X" so you know where the friendly units are.

It is also needed for JTAC units so they can establish a SADL datalink connection so they can send a target marking location to the A-10C TAD.

Maybe someday we will be able to use the SADL datalink (LINK16 is simlar) with other units (F-16 have it in RW, other ground combat units, etc).

Edited by Sabre-TLA
  • Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Enhanced Position Locating Reporting System, means a digital link to see friendly troops on sensors (usually TGP in A-10C). It helps in avoiding friendly fire incidents.

• Thanks 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.