Yet another Radio problem thread - (yes I read the others and still have a problem)

Hi all,

I am also having many problems with the radio communications with the latest version.

I have tried all of the things below with Easy Communication DISABLED.

I see no change to the behaviour of the sim regardless of mode.

I am always using (having read the other threads) the "RAlt+\" to toggle the SPU-9 PTT.

(Note, I have noticed that in many of the threads it is mentioned as "RCtrl+\". I have no such option mapped and I am using the defaults.)

I am trying to perform the wingman training for targets, etc.

If I dial in 127.5 on the 800 and the "RAlt+\" I am unable to communicate with my flight or any individual wingman.

If I dial in other frequencies (say Batumi or Koubleti (sp?)) all well within range of the 800 - I can elicit no response from ATC. I can abondon the training and fly to either airfield, hover 100 meters from the tower at either and still elicit no response from ATC - so I am pretty sure I meet the range and line of sight criteria)

The odd thing is that if I set the 800 back to 127.5, and I designate a target and store it - it appears that I can send the information to any of my wingmen as the lights go off indicating a successful transfer of data.

But I cannot then issue any commands to them to attack a target, change formation, etc.

I have followed all of the instructions, as best I understand them, in the other radio threads - but I must be missing something because others are reporting the "RAlt+\" is working to allow them to communicate.

I am having similar issues in the Mi8 as well.

If kind soul notices a missing step in any of the above, please let me know because I would like to get this sorted.

Edited by Major SNAFU
clarifying the the SPU-9 PTT is not allowing me to talk to wingmen.
  • Like 1

This way work fine for Ka-50 (don know for other heli').

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2384213&postcount=3

In other words, forget this (gamey) Easy Communication thing (actually broken).

Type: Add a ATC frequency list to Ka-50 kneeboard, is need know their frequency to talk to then.

The key reassignment is just to make the system usage "bullet proof".

Hi Sokol1_br,

Thanks for responding. I did read your other thread and I am following your instructions. However, even when I use the SPU-9 PTT I am not able to communicate with my wingmen or ATC. That is why I created a new thread.

Easy communication is disabled and I am never using the "\" key.

"RAlt+\" is already mapped to the SPU-9. I always use this, so i will leave "\" as it is because I am not used to using this.

I am not sure how to add this information to the kneeboard. Can you point me in the correct direction?

Edited by Major SNAFU

Hi all,

If I dial in 127.5 on the 800 and the "RAlt+\" I am unable to communicate with my flight or any individual wingman.

Try dialling in 124.0 in the R800

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

As Mondaysoft say the COMM frequency for AI is 124 MHZ (124000 in R-800L) in Quick Missions (may vary in custom missions).

Freq_124.jpg

ATC frequency list, drop in ....\Users\(User name)\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD\Ka-50\

Page0.thumb.jpg.2472e918ba930990a254431773297510.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

Hi all,

So I ran another mission and all of the coms worked fine, including the switching from ground crew to air.

I will try the training mission again. It is still odd that the ATC didn't work, because I was dialing in the correct frequencies according to the documentation.

Could be a mission specific issue.

Okay. I just created a mission and everything works fine.

But the training mission for the Ka50 with wingmen and target hand off non of the in flight coms work. You cannot talk to the towers and you cannot talk to your flight.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

As a work around, you can just open the mission in the mission editor, and then select Fly Mission from the menu.

That allowed me to at least fly the training mission with the Radios working.

This is a strange bug. . . when you issue a radio command, your character doesn't even speak. If it were just the wrong freq, he'd just be speaking to the air and no one would respond, but with this mission for some reason he doesn't even attempt to transmit.

:joystick:

-MajkStone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay. I just created a mission and everything works fine.

But the training mission for the Ka50 with wingmen and target hand off non of the in flight coms work. You cannot talk to the towers and you cannot talk to your flight.

Regards,

Having done a lot of default mission fixing lately in the mission editor with A-10c, Su-25T and other aircraft:

• I see a lot of the airfields (including the one you are taking off from) are not assigned to any coalition. This applies for both red and blue teams. (They are neutral) - this means you can not communicate with ATC at airfield because it is not on your side.
  • Check in mission Editor that airbase is the color of your coalition.
  • If a farp and not a airfield, make sure you have the support vehicles need for communications, etc.
  • Double check all radio frequencies in mission itself.
  • Had a bug a few patches back on the A-10c radio, that it wouldn't work if was set to some different countries other than US. (Try changing country type)

No sure about the wingsman handoff, just check mission radio frequency, and make sure you set your radio to same.

Just a few suggestions.

Cheers, Ian.

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I just registered here because of the same problem.

All the workarounds listed here or in other threads aren't working.

I even deinstalled the game and reinstalled it in another language, downloaded and reinstalled the KA-50 Module via the module manager. Nothing changed.

My wingman in Convoy Hunt f.e. will take off, he will then radio me "Gear up", "Rejoin" and " 2 on your left" or something like that. And that's it. I won't hear orders I give him and he won't neither respond nor react. No matter wether I am airborn or on the ground.

Oddly however, the ground crew will rearm and refuel my Helicopter on my command.

So if this is not a bug, then what am I missing?

Regards

Crazy

Edit:

When I switch to VHF-1, SW or Crew, I can hear my orders to my wingmen, although the comm options are blacked out. Yet they don't react.

When I swicht to VHF-2, nothing happens.

Edited by Crazywolf77