Mods Not working?

Hi all, I recently installed the Sweet fx mod and the More visibility mod. But I cant find any reference to them in the options screen? My Visib tab just has LOW MED and HIGH. I thought it went to Extreme with the mod? There is also no reference anywhere to the Sweet fx settings.

I can almost hear people sighing at my incompetence but please be kind. I am using the JSGME installer and im pretty sure its setup correctly. When I unzip the file, I highlight the ... file and the one saying the Mod name below it and extract them to the _MOD file I put in my in my DCS world folder.

Should I be opening these files and extracting their contents to the _MOD file?

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

SweetFx won't have any in-game option. Settings is done through the SweetFx config file that you will have to tweak manually. At least that is how I do it.

Make sure the M_V mod is placed in a folder of its own under _MODS and that it contains two subfolders: Config and MissionEditor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The way I thought it was supposed to go was unpacking the zipped file into a file in my _MODS folder eg:

c;\Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\_MODS\More visibility\MoreVisibility V1.4\ and in that one the config and mission editor?

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

The way I thought it was supposed to go was unpacking the zipped file into a file in my _MODS folder eg:

c;\Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\_MODS\More visibility\MoreVisibility V1.4\ and in that one the config and mission editor?

Delete the red one, und you have the correct path :)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

^ What KeyGirl says.

That also applies to any JSGME-compatible mods. The correct folder path is always \_MODS\some- mod-name\bunch-of-folders&files-with-names-exactly-like-in-main-DCS-folder\.

If You remember that, You can actually make almost any mod JSGME-compatible, just by building a correct folder structure for it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.