Pre-Build Game Controller Panel Temporary Switch Configuration

Hey all,

Recently purchased a pre-build switch panel off of ebay that was made for Elite: Dangerous. However, windows sees it as a game controller just fine and all of the switches/buttons work fine.

However, the switches are temporary, and all of the guides I've seen online are obsolete (pre-.diff.lua), and I have absolutely no idea how to set up these temporary switches to do "IF ON DO "", ELSE DO "" sort of stuff.

E.g. "If switch on, MASTER ARM, else, MASTER SAFE"

Thanks in advance for any help or resources.

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Look for any keyboard mapping free software. They can map keystrokes for such situations you need. Search for Antimicro on google for instance. That one I use for a custom panel and supports many features.. There are more programs available. Some are simpler and other have more features. SV Mapper is one of the easiest to use allowing On/Off programming but is old and not sure if still available.

Read the documentation to know how to use them

Edited by geloxo

If by "switch temporary" you mean momentary press - (ON)-OFF - the SVMapper will not help, this one have the function "Mapped key on press" and "Mapped key on release", that work fine for toggle/rocker switch - ON-OFF-ON.

Similar function in HidMacros.

Perhaps JoyToKey, this have the function alternate press, first press send key A, second key B, third key C and start again or the timed function, a "click" on switch send one keypress, a hold (above xxx milliseconds) send another.

Other option is Xpadder - that like JoyToKey cost < 10$ - to allow first press send on key or sequence, second another.

Probable you have more flexibility with scripts in Autohotkey, more complicate for use.

Edited by Sokol1_br