Setting the slider?

Hi all,

Ive tried everything now and have resorted to asking for help (Don't like doing that)

I have just bought the A10c module and am in the process of setting up my X52.

The main thing id like to do is have the slider as the speed brake control. But no matter what I try, its not playing ball. I try to make it an axis but apparently i cant do that....or can I? What am I missing here? I tried using the Saitek software but that just gave me a headache.

Could someone kind please help me here....and be slow and gentle with me,

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

There is no axis control for speed brakes in A10C afaik. But there are multiple things you can do here in the X52 software. I have X52 as well and what I did was to set the, in my opinion otherwise useless, mouse XY mini joystick to bands mode and then set the top and bottom bands to keys like [ and ]. Leave the center band empty. Then in DCS simply bind [ and ] keys to extend/retract speed brakes and voila - you now have a nice speed brake control on your throttle without wasting any buttons or hats. I also set the "mouse click" button next to the mini joystick to a key combination that I use to re-center my headtracker.

Also what I can recommend is to set in the X52 software the FireD button as CTRL for example. Doing this will waste you one button on throttle but it will vastly increase the number of things you can bind directly to your hotas in DCS now because now you can do things like "CTRL+HAT_UP" etc. giving you effectively twice as many controls available to you to bind ready at your fingertips. No need to switch the X52 mode with the rotary or clutch for example to get more controls. Also I would recommend disabling the clutch button in the driver. It's just a waste of a button that can be better used in my opinion. If you do that the clutch functionality will be disabled but you will still be able to switch modes using the rotary on the stick. I never use that though myself. But I guess it depends on personal preference and how you like to have your hotas configured.

edit: I attached my X52 DCS profile so you can see how I did it - just unzip it and load the profile into the X52 software. It might also be a good idea to save your current profile before you do that as I have also other custom things set in that profile that you might not want so just check it out how it's done and then customize your own profile to your liking. Cheers.

DCS.zip

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I've set up bands on that slider so the very top and bottom relate to button presses (extend/retract speed brake) the rest is neutral, or no button press. Let us know how you get on, I can talk through how to do this if need be.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.