Some Control Inputs Not Recognised In Training Missions

Dear all,

I'm having some odd problems with some inputs not being recognised in some training missions.

In the Aircraft Startup Training Mission, my joystick roll axis is not recognised, but pitch works fine and my rudder pedals work fine too. Also, RT-ALT + HOME does not work to release the throttle, neither does RT-CTRL + HOME.

Obviously, this makes completing the training a bit difficult!

However, when I jump into the Navigation Training Mission my engine controls and joystick work fine.

I've checked to make sure that I don't have game mode selected, and I've also checked to make sure that the mapping is correct in the configuration. I have paused and checked the controller configuration during the training mission too and all the axes seem to be mapped OK.

I'm using the Steam version of the game.

I've tried deleting the input device profiles in...

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\Aircrafts\

...but this hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?!

I'm using a CH Fighterstick and Pro Pedals. My HOTAS Cougar died six months ago - saving up for a new HOTAS!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick update - if I choose the 'Free Flight - Black Sea - Ramp Srart.miz' mission then all the controls work normally, although they are still not recognised in the training mission.

I'm completely stumped and out of ideas.

Edited by Ermintrude
stupid typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is normal that the airelons don't work pre start up (roll). You need engine power and hydraulics. Elevator (pitch)don't use hydraulics.

As for the unlocking of the throttle... make sure your throttle is all the way back to idle on your desk!

Then use right alt - home and right ctrl-home to unlock the throttles.

Just to be sure, press escape, adjust controls, axis asign, highlight the throttle bind and press axis tune. Move the throttle axis and see if it moves the full range in the curve.

Do the same with the roll if you like. If these function correctly then they will in game when all parameters are met. hydraulics for aileron control and throttle unlocked. Which can only be done if the throttle is at 0 percent all the way back.

edit: i just noticed you dont use a throttle quadrant. I dont know much about using the throttle with keyboard. But check if some other axis is bound to throttle and delete that. any unused axis on your joystick, pedals, rumblepad can prevent the throttle from funtioning. So check all devices and wipe the throttle axis.

Edited by kingpinda
  • Like 1

Hi kingpinda, thanks for the help.

As you said, the ailerons problem was because of no power, once I had power they worked fine.

I think the throttle issue must have been because of a lack of idle, as you said. My stick has a built-in throttle, so I cycled that up and down to zero, and the throttle undocked after that without a problem.

Superb - many thanks!! I really appreciate the help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...