DCS Northern Europe by Starway

Hey guys,

just to make some things clear. Due to the fact that the folder structure did not change in 1.5, of course you can use the old version of this mod without any problems and I think the results are not that bad.

But be aware that I am working on a new version,

<cough> <cough>:music_whistling: any news on this fantastic addition Starway?

For me the best ground mod by far - thank you.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media fire link for the download on the first page seems to give a "invalid or deleted file" message. Any other way to get this file? Thanks.

Hello,

It's not a media fire link.

For me this link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Wfkj5nEKIGQ2ZUdTlpeWZtWmM/view is good.

Greetings.

Hello,

It's not a media fire link.

For me this link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Wfkj5nEKIGQ2ZUdTlpeWZtWmM/view is good.

Greetings.

Thats not the link fill. Thats a link for the building mod he recomends to go along with DCS Northern Europe. The link for DCS Northern Europe is below the photos in the first post and is indeed a mediafire link.

• 2 weeks later...
could someone upload the file??manywould be so thankful!!:music_whistling:

I don't think it would be wise or appropriate to upload a new public mirror of the file without the authors permission. I did finally receive the file through a PM from another user who I will not name here, but it was a private share so...

Why not?

Copyrights belong to Starway, so I created the temporary mirror and will remove it when the main link will work.

Ground_Textures_Mod_3_2_by_Starway.rar

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

Why not?

Copyrights belong to Starway, so I created the temporary mirror and will remove it when the main link will work.

Ground_Textures_Mod_3_2_by_Starway.rar

Its up to you really. But given Starway has not made his intentions known, and has not responded to PMs concerning the matter despite recent forum activity, the file could very well have been removed purposely so that no one could obtain access. Because of this, permission IMO should be sought first. I am a modder myself (albeit on the scripting/software engineering side rather than texturing/etc), and have removed works for certain projects in the past simply for the sake of safeguarding certain algorithms, reusable code, or simply to turn what once was a unobfuscated free project into an obfuscated project for means of selling. In modding there is a fairly universal rule of thumb concerning mirrors. And it exist for various reasons. I don't state this to dictate, just to simply make one aware. Most likely he won't mind, but the circumstances are dependent on the authors situation.

the file could very well have been removed purposely so that no one could obtain access

I don`t think that he removed file intentionally without letting us know about it.

also it is not a commercial software or even freeware, it is just tweaked textures.

We`ll see. I hope everything is well with him!

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

I don`t think that he removed file intentionally without letting us know about it.

Im not saying that removal is the case, I was just simply pointing out that it is a possibility. What either of us think concerning someone elses material is unimportant. Like I said, id assume mediafire failed somewhere in the process and he won't mind. But all in all, we can't know anything until he responds. :smilewink:

I have this ground textures mod, but is it valid for DCS 1.5 ?

THX.

Unsure about this but according to one of Starways last comments about the textures -->

The last uploaded version of this mod is not recommended to be used with DCS 1.5. Right now I am working on a complete redesign of the textures, making them compatible with the new engine.

Best

SW

I assume hes working on a new version for 1.5. You can probably still use it, but its not recommended.

Well, I have just installed it in 1.5.1 and it seems to be working fine :thumbup:...

I have tried with the modded high.lua included and with an extreme.lua with my own changes and it looks the same to me, even when the oldnoise landnoise parameters are different...in fact Im not sure what exactly those parameters that should be changed in texture mods do?¿?:huh: Im talking about:

noisemin =

noisemax =

noise1front =

noise1back =

noise1top = 2500.0;

noise1bottom = 2000.0;

noise1PerSquare = 4.0;

noise2PerSquare = 150.0;

It looks the same to me no matter what values I set there.

If someone is interested, im using the default values for those parameters.

The mod is great, really great!! and changes a lot the world but there is something Im not sure to be correct and its the "brightness" of the scene...it looks like everything looks a bit dark and all seasons (except winter) look the same (ie summer doesnt look green and nice, its just like autumn or spring)...I dont know but maybe its suposed to be like that(I would like some of you guys to confirm this).

It would be awesome to see an updated native version for 1.5.1 btw...

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here