Force Trim On Switch Observation, Question

DieHard

I fly the Huey usually, the way I fly the Shark since BS1. I do not check the checkbox for the "Central Position Trimmer Mode" option under Special in Options. I don't use Peter P's workarounds. I position my Fighterstick where I want it, click the trimmer button, release it and let the Fighterstick go to its center within .5 seconds.

In MP, using a 159th's server mission, trying to takeoff from a FARP in a high mountain pass at zero degrees Celsius with outer guns and rockets and a full tank of gas I could not takeoff very far and hardly any altitude except a few feet with the "Force Trim On" trimmer switch turned on, as to a typical cold start start-up. I had full engine and rotor RPMs.

I landed it. The only change I made, I turned this switch off, which means I am now flying freehand cyclic. I had no problem taking off or flying the Huey except typical high altitude challenges of flying a helicopter up high and no luxury of having the trimmer functioning.

Why is this? With the trimmer switch turned on, why the difficulty of gaining altitude?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know whenever I fly Huey, I am constantly on Force trim. It's probably the button I most press in game. Hover? Force trim. Transitioning? Force trim. Slowing down? Force trim. Whenever I am coming in to land, I always reset my force trim with (cntrl- t) because it feels like there isnt enough "throw" otherwise. Dont know if its mental or a real thing. I feel like if i push the stick way forward, force trim it, recenter my physical stick, and then try to pull back, theoretically wouldnt the stick input only move back half as far as it normally would? Can someone confirm this?

Anyway, no matter what whenever I FARP up, I always reset trim and then set it again in that magic, aft left position.

Interesting question DieHard. I never tried that solution to gain lift in high areas. What can be done is using emergency governor but never heard of force trim to influence performances, I can be wrong. Maybe you slipped forward on your second try and managed to get faster in undisturbed air?

Xanderous, same feeling here, I always reset trim prior to land.