MACPRO 2008 WIN7 BOOT CAMP

Grubenstein

Hi All, please see my system specs below:

MacPro early 2008

Boot Camp Windows 7 Ultimate

8 Gb RAM

Intel Xeon 2 cpus running at 2.8ghz (8cores)

64 bit

Nvidia Quadro FX5600 1.5gb

I can exe DCS World and get to the main menu and navigate some menu options, but If I try and launch options or Instant action or training.

The game crashes back to desktop

Anyone else experienced this?

run the dcs checker and it said all good.

Tried running outside of steam as administrator and turned UAC off.

No Joy

Your graphics card is a bit long in the tooth. I would suggest an upgrade for sure.

One thing that causes this type of crash is the Distributed files from Microsoft page. C++ Redistributed all ver. need to be updated these files are needed to run this older software and is not part of any update offered by Microsoft. update all drivers for your system including any BIOS updates available for the motherboard.

Always allow DX9 to install, some think having DX10 or later is good enough, it isn't they are separate programs and a must for this Simulator.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

The DCS checker checks the files inside the DCS folder. So it does not see the programs I listed above as it is part of Windows.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hi Thanks for your advice, the graphic card was recently purchased to upgrade from my previous card, so the fact that the card is long in the tooth is a bit of a pain!!!.

Seems to run other games very well (Elite Dangerous, Arma2 etc).

If its not up to the job then I guess I might be asking too much of a 2008 machine to run DCS world after all.

I guess I need to stick to older games.

Thanks for your help

Hi Thanks for your advice, the graphic card was recently purchased to upgrade from my previous card, so the fact that the card is long in the tooth is a bit of a pain!!!.

Seems to run other games very well (Elite Dangerous, Arma2 etc).

If its not up to the job then I guess I might be asking too much of a 2008 machine to run DCS world after all.

I guess I need to stick to older games.

Thanks for your help

I did not mean it wouldn't work. Just that it isn't the best based on the available GPU on the market.

I believe you will be able to run the Sim. even though it may be with lower graphics effects and hope you do. We need good knowledgeable people like yourself.