Help Building SC Simulations A10 Pit

FatMonster

Hello guys. Way back in 2011 I bought the very awesome A10 Pit kit from SC Simulations. Originally it was a gift for my 16-year old son and I splurged to have SC Simulations build it for us. Unfortunately, they got totally swamped and asked me if I'd be willing to build it myself for a $250 discount. I agreed and figured it would be a cool project for my boy to do with me. We got all the pieces, but no plans or assembly instructions and, sadly, before I could take any further steps my son took his own life (we didn't see it coming as he was doing well at school and had many friends ... As a result, we've learned a great deal about teen suicide and how difficult it can be to recognize a crisis brewing). ...

Well, as you can imagine, it was a long and difficult road to get over all the grief, guilt and raw devastation from losing an only child. I'm happy to report that I've finally gained some peace over the whole tragedy and I'm enjoying getting back into the flight sim world. Thus, I'm ready to put together this amazingly great A10 pit but SC Simulations is no more and their great site is offline. I'm hoping someone out there has one who can send me some pics and any other info or suggestions. I've found a couple pics online of their U.M.C. (Universal Modular Cockpit) and their F-16 pit but nothing so far of the A10 build. I figured there would surely be a build thread somewhere but Google has failed me so far.

SO, thanks for any help you can give me. Perhaps somebody here knows the guys behind SC Simulations and can give me an e-mail? I've just been out of touch with the whole flight sim and combat sim scene for five years so I'm kind of starting from scratch. THANKS.

Mark J.

Mark,

I have no information on Sheldon anymore. However, Raider has started building sim-cockpits using some of the original parts from SC Simulations in Europe. His website is www.VIPERWING.com and he might be able to help you.

Lumper

Lumper

-------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough, the smart cutout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear Mark,

So sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how it's been like but my deepest condolences ;-(

With regard to the pit I suggest try and contact Flim, http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=58375

IMHO he was one of the guys behind SC Simulation

All the best

Hans

Many thanks

You know, I look at life a lot differently these days ... I find myself realizing that every tragedy comes with gifts, and this loss has given me a real appreciation for living and for people who go out of their way to help others. Thank you so much for these great suggestions. Bless you all so much ...

I finally hooked up my Oculus DK2 to the A10C simulator and its amazing ... I'm really excited to get back into this great world of flight simmers. .... THANKS!

Hay FLIM

Also try http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/ Gadroc and FLIM ran SC simulations together.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Just wanted to give a big thanks to FLIM for helping me out. I've got everything sorted out now and I really appreciate the design work that went into making this U.M.C. Aces II seat. Thanks to all who posted here as well. This is an amazing community.

I've got some connections through my work with aviation forensic cases that I'm following up with and I hope to be able to get some more components to build out a reasonable pit. I might be getting my hands on an F-14 GRU7A seat, which is coincidentally cool for the Leathernecks Tomcat simulator for DCS that should be coming out soon. I've got a lot to learn from you guys. Thanks for making this such a welcome place.