Can't connect to master

Blooze

OK..now it's my turn to whine. I have been using a server PC to host MP missions that is connected to a router with port forwarding set up correctly and everything has been working fine until yesterday. For no known reason, now I can connect to the master server but after a minute or so I get disconnected with the message CAN'T CONNECT TO MASTER. The same thing happened with a laptop that I was using as a server before the current machine. Everything worked fine for several months and then out of nowhere it would lose connection after a few minutes. Thinking my old router was failing I bought a new one today, set up port forwarding but the same thing is happening. I get connected but after a minute or so get dumped. Already tried DCS repair and renaming of saved games folder but no joy. I can host fine with my gaming rig (client machine) connected to the same router but not with these other PCs. Any of this sound familiar?

Edited by Blooze

I see a Can't Connect To Master occasionally from my DCS World server. I've not seen a Can't Connect To Server on my server, but do see that message when one of my Clients loses the connection to my server.

For weird problems, be sure to check your computer clock for accurate time.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I see a Can't Connect To Master occasionally from my DCS World server. I've not seen a Can't Connect To Server on my server, but do see that message when one of my Clients loses the connection to my server.

For weird problems, be sure to check your computer clock for accurate time.

WC

I meant MASTER and just correct the OP. My clock matches the time on my cellphone so it looks OK to me. Is there something about the clock that needs further attention?

No, just make sure the time, date and time zone looks correct.

Call your ISP and ask them to do a trace between you and the DCS Master. I took a few minutes to look for the DCS Master IP address but did not find it.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DCS on both machines and everything is back to normal now and working well. Boy, this stuff can sure get messed up over time and more often than not, I ain't gotta clue how it happens.:cry:

Check PC clock..

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

İ7 3820 3,6 Ghz

Zotac NVDIA Geforce GTX 770 GDDR5 2GB AMP Edition X 2 SLI

GSKILL 2133Mhz 16GB ram

Coller Master 2012 EVO Cpu Cooler

Coller Master chasis

High Power 1200W psu

Saitek X55 Flight Controller

TrackIR 4 pro