Basic fighting maneuvers

Doum76

Greetings guys,

I've beenin sims for quite a while, but been out for about a little while and now i am back, i used to fly the A-10C in DCS and the VRS F/A-18E Superbug in FSX, as what matters flying, naviguatin, doing carrier traps/patterns and so on i'm good, procedures and stuff, i was doing some tactical stuff back then with the A-10c, evading SAMS and so on, but since then i forgot and now, until the F/A-18 is out i got back in DCS for the F-15c, and now, i want to get a bit more tactical, i've learning tthe RADAR, missiles and so on, and now, i'm looking for someone good at fighting and technical stuf to teach me, in other word i'm looking for a teacher :) someone that is willing to get online and with whom i can learn dogfighting and stuff, but someone that knows the real stuff, not just using the F-15c as a video game, i love flying with realism.

Let me know!

Doum

I don't know if he is available at present but a PM. is what he requests for those interested in 1:1 Training.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142566

Joining a virtual Squadron is another way to get solid assistance in increasing your skill level. They are all welcoming new comers search the forum you will be more than welcome at all of them.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

i'm looking for someone good at fighting and technical stuf to teach me, in other word i'm looking for a teacher :) someone that is willing to get online and with whom i can learn dogfighting and stuff, but someone that knows the real stuff, not just using the F-15c as a video game, i love flying with realism.

Let me know!

Doum

If you want to learn dogfighting, I can teach.

I'm almost tireless, I can spar as long as you have stamina for (3 hours straight no problem), analyze flights in tacview, and tell what needs improving.

I cannot teach real life procedures though, that is not my focus.

My focus is solely on blowing up the bandit as effectively as possible :)

PM me if interested...

If you want to learn dogfighting, I can teach.

I'm almost tireless, I can spar as long as you have stamina for (3 hours straight no problem), analyze flights in tacview, and tell what needs improving.

I cannot teach real life procedures though, that is not my focus.

My focus is solely on blowing up the bandit as effectively as possible :)

PM me if interested...

K :) i'll send you a PM

Can someone tell me how I can insure that I am not shooting a friendly down? So few are on Teamspeak that you can't find out by talking to anyone and I know that the round dot on the radar is friendly but are the dashes all good targets? I don't want to commit fratricide for lack of knowledge.

IRL The rectangles are guys that didn't reply/ wrongly replied to the IFF interogation. THUS they are no frendlies to the IFF channel you're in. BUT as the fighters are super-basic, they simulated a MAGICAL IFF WHICH IS PERFECT. So, in game, all foes are foes and all circles are friends, at least until we get either civil planes or a decently modelled IFF ystem.

Also, as we are in a BFM topic, you MUST get the habbit of looking at your HUD before shooting (you should for the range anyway...) If friendly, you'll have a X in the target box that points to the target.

IRL The rectangles are guys that didn't reply/ wrongly replied to the IFF interogation. THUS they are no frendlies to the IFF channel you're in. BUT as the fighters are super-basic, they simulated a MAGICAL IFF WHICH IS PERFECT. So, in game, all foes are foes and all circles are friends, at least until we get either civil planes or a decently modelled IFF ystem.

Also, as we are in a BFM topic, you MUST get the habbit of looking at your HUD before shooting (you should for the range anyway...) If friendly, you'll have a X in the target box that points to the target.

I'd say the IFF system in Sim is probably something that needs to be magically perfect. Otherwise we'd likely get TKs due to stupid things like packet loss/latency, as opposed to basic human stupidity.

This is why IRL you have AWACS. If we can have something like BMS where they can tell you if you are engaging a foe etc (we may have that, few servers actually use awacs) than IFF is only good for emergencies and for most fights you'd actually have a 100% sure IFF done by the AWACS. That would be great for me at least...I really don't see how lag would affect an IFF system...I didn't say random, I said more realistic. I honestly don't know too much about It, but I know ROEs exist because IFF in the 90s was unperfect.

• 2 weeks later...
This is why IRL you have AWACS. If we can have something like BMS where they can tell you if you are engaging a foe etc (we may have that, few servers actually use awacs) than IFF is only good for emergencies and for most fights you'd actually have a 100% sure IFF done by the AWACS. That would be great for me at least...I really don't see how lag would affect an IFF system...I didn't say random, I said more realistic. I honestly don't know too much about It, but I know ROEs exist because IFF in the 90s was unperfect.

NOPE there is NEVER a 100% certainty of IFF even in today's military doctrine with out visual confirmation. Even then the Mark 1 Eyeballs can be wrong also..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Black_Hawk_shootdown_incident

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.