4k resolution problems

xaoslaad

1 hour ago, cyberaxcess said:

Nope, nothing the saved games\dcs folders...

But I did find these files in the install dcs folder, with very similar looking options in them...

dcs-monitor-config.PNG

Ah yes that's the place, you can actually create your own config if you'd like, here's what mine looks like for a 3440x1440 main monitor, exporting to a 1920x1080 second monitor. I've just named it DisplaySetup.lua and placed it in that folder. You can select this once in the system options menu in game, select the drop down for monitors and if you've placed your file in that folder it will appear in there. May or may not have to also adjust your resolution too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wizxrd said:

Ah yes that's the place, you can actually create your own config if you'd like, here's what mine looks like for a 3440x1440 main monitor, exporting to a 1920x1080 second monitor. I've just named it DisplaySetup.lua and placed it in that folder. You can select this once in the system options menu in game, select the drop down for monitors and if you've placed your file in that folder it will appear in there. May or may not have to also adjust your resolution too.

Ah! That's great, I shall try that. Thanks for the assist 👍

On 7/23/2021 at 6:44 AM, cyberaxcess said:

I'd like to try this... but I can't seem to find this file mentioned (monitorconfig.lua)!

Is this still valid or has it been moved to some other file?

It will be in your DCS World directory, Config/MonitorSetup/monitorconfig.lua

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

4 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

It will be in your DCS World directory, Config/MonitorSetup/monitorconfig.lua

That particular file doesn't exist in the directory. Copied one of the others (I used 1Camera.lua), adjusted it and renamed accordingly. It then shows up in DCS as an option.

However, it did not work for me!

What I did figure out (and maybe this is a bug I should report?) is that, if I have my desktop set to 1440p, and I setup DCS for 4k (2160p) then DCS behaves strangely. Firstly I have to do the ALT-ENTER on it to do full screen (unless you tick full screen in the options of course), but it shows all distorted, as if the aspect ratio is very, very wrong (everything is stretched wide and marrow in height) although it does take up the screen. The mouse does not get to all the menus or shows the wrong option highlighted sometimes, and sometimes it works! Then in the aircraft you cannot click on anything!

The exact same thing happens if you have your desktop in 2160p and set DCS for 1440p.

However if you have your desktop and DCS at the same resolution (e.g. 1440 or 2160), then everything works perfectly!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:51 PM, cyberaxcess said:

That particular file doesn't exist in the directory. Copied one of the others (I used 1Camera.lua), adjusted it and renamed accordingly. It then shows up in DCS as an option.

However, it did not work for me!

What I did figure out (and maybe this is a bug I should report?) is that, if I have my desktop set to 1440p, and I setup DCS for 4k (2160p) then DCS behaves strangely. Firstly I have to do the ALT-ENTER on it to do full screen (unless you tick full screen in the options of course), but it shows all distorted, as if the aspect ratio is very, very wrong (everything is stretched wide and marrow in height) although it does take up the screen. The mouse does not get to all the menus or shows the wrong option highlighted sometimes, and sometimes it works! Then in the aircraft you cannot click on anything!

The exact same thing happens if you have your desktop in 2160p and set DCS for 1440p.

However if you have your desktop and DCS at the same resolution (e.g. 1440 or 2160), then everything works perfectly!

Ok, I suppose I forgot the filepath exactly.  Anyways, good luck getting your PC to work. As you say, I have my monitor set to full resolution in windows, and I simply tell it to show the icons at 175%, which is how I keep the interface manageable and keep it working with DCS simultaneously.  Best wishes!

• Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!