Known Scripting Engine Issues

Grimes

No worries its reported and ED have fixed it on an internal build already.

Ha! That is goods news. Thanks for the information!

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 mobile

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Just tested with OB. The same as with the current release version.

I let them spawn via Coalition.addGroup() and give them a task via Controller.setTask() and the group starts to form in the formation, but does not move to the waypoint. The units of the group just go in circles seem to form up, but never do.

This worked in previous release version. I do not think this is related to Group AI On/Off, because a group with AI off wouldn´t move at all and just be static.

This happens with all ground groups spawned via Coaltion.addGroup(). They just don´t take any orders or tasks also not via Combined Arms.

SNAFU, when you spawn a ground unit and don't assign their route with setTask(), is the ground unit then moving along their original planned route, following their waypoints?

[/TABLE]

I would like to add this bug to the list:

Clients do not trigger the event SHOT in mulitplayer environment anymore.

See individual bug report here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168435

Our squadron is running a script which manages ressources during a longer campaing and this event is important to count the spent ammunition operational costs. Many other scripts, like geting the accuracy of weapon deliveries on the weapon range, simulating duds and scripting smoke rockets for the L-39 is broken again.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Grimes,

Can we please also have the bug added in the list, when a vehicle is not moving after a coalition.addGroup() spawning call...

We have now several people seeing this error.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168046

Thank you

[/TABLE]

trigger.action.radioTransmission last release 1.5

I tried function trigger.action.radioTransmission in a lua script. So, one remark and two questions :

-> as explained here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151519 you have to add a path for the sound file name. And you have to add a name on last parameter. So there's a mistake on function declaration in http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_func_radioTransmission, after power parameter, need to add a name parameter (string type).

Then this function works perfectly, but when setting frequency for example 131Mhz on Batumi, the ATC doesn't work any more (after the transmission), even with loop function parametrer to false.

-> Is there a conflict ?

-> Or this function have to be stopped but how? I tried removeFunction without succes :(

Edited by sunski34

DCS 1.5 last version - script F10 commands group functions

Another point...

When using those function :

missionCommands.addCommandForGroup

missionCommands.removeItemForGroup

trigger.action.outTextForGroup

the first parameter is groupID. It works in single player mode but not in multiplayer mode.

So I tried to replace groupID by unitID and then thoses functions works perfectly in single player ou in multiplayer modes.

So if the lua declaration needs unitId and not groupID it's better to modify the help.

But with :

trigger.action.outSoundForGroup

works perfectly with groupID in single player and multiplayer modes.

Bugs?:(

I replicated the trigger.action.transmit breaking the radio of the airbase. I need to test to see if it effects other stuff like JTAC or AI flights. I'm the process of reporting it right now. I didn't know the name value at the end was required and I'll update the wiki accordingly. There is a trigger.action.stopRadioTransmission function which I didn't know (or notice) it existed until now. Based on what the trigger version of it uses I'd imagine its simple given a string of the name of the radio transmission to stop it. I don't know yet if that'll fix the base radio, it shouldn't be required but you never know.

Re the xForGroup functions, they are meant to work at a group level and not with individual units. So if it isn't working with groupIds for clients then those are bugs and if it works with unitIds consider it a work-around. A while back a feature request was added for xForUnit functions to be created.

Also investigating the shot events not occurring on clients.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ok the good news is I tested out the newly reported MP bugs with another tester and we were unable to replicate them on the tester build. So it seems they were inadvertently fixed and hopefully when the next patch comes around the fix will be included. This applies to the shot events not registering, addItemForGroup, removeItemForGroup, and outTextForGroup.

Ok thanks... So I will change my code in time...

Another remark consists of spawing units... I think there some thread but, can you confirm that spawing units (in a group) don't have task when spawn by addGroup ?

I tried to set its controller with a mission task consists of 3 waypoints... but the group go to the firt one and stay on it, no more move. If the waypoint is near the spawngroup, they turn arount it... Strange .... is it a bug issue?

Another remark consists of spawing units... I think there some thread but, can you confirm that spawing units (in a group) don't have task when spawn by addGroup ?

I tried to set its controller with a mission task consists of 3 waypoints... but the group go to the firt one and stay on it, no more move. If the waypoint is near the spawngroup, they turn arount it... Strange .... is it a bug issue?

Thanks for this confirmation regarding the addGroup bug. It got communicated that this bug is known by the dev team, a fix is already being tested for in an internal test version... I hope a fix will be released soon too. I get exactly the same results... Ground units stacking up and no movement... Maybe Grimes can put the bug also in his list.

There is a workaround which helps:

You will need to execute a DCS_UPDATER update 1.5.3.52724 reverting DCS to a previous version. It is not ideal, but it helps in the short term...

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Ok the good news is I tested out the newly reported MP bugs with another tester and we were unable to replicate them on the tester build. So it seems they were inadvertently fixed and hopefully when the next patch comes around the fix will be included. This applies to the shot events not registering, addItemForGroup, removeItemForGroup, and outTextForGroup.

Thanks for the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Hi Grimes, thank you for this information.

May i ask you,

- has a :destroy() of a burning group also been tested?

- and is there some progress on the destroy of cargo objects?

Sven

[/TABLE]

- has a :destroy() of a burning group also been tested?

- and is there some progress on the destroy of cargo objects?

Unit.destroy() or Group.destroy()? And is that if any of the units are about to explode or what?

destroy() for cargo objects is fixed, just gotta wait for the patch.

Unit.destroy() or Group.destroy()? And is that if any of the units are about to explode or what?

destroy() for cargo objects is fixed, just gotta wait for the patch.

Yes. When these groups (units of) are exploded.. Great to read that cargo got fixed too!!! Fantastic.

Burning Units keep burning when their group object gets destroyed... Remember this one? We used to chat a lot about it.

[/TABLE]

probably there is, but just for checking, you set wind where? In the static weather? I guess yes then ...

[/TABLE]

Ok I did some more tests, I think it's a question of mission saving in ME.... after several saves et tests

I verify the wind status when starting my mission... all were set at 0ms/s, 0°. Try to modify then save... juste the first at 10m. It's good... ;)

So not a getWind problem but a save problem due to my lua testing and bugs I think.

To add information on the function

when name isn't nil, all items are removed too.... I tested with french accents like é and without... same result.

DCS 1.5.53279 release

What do you mean with when name is not nil, all items are removed too?

Fyi, I am not on 53279 due to the group vehicle movement bug.

[/TABLE]

To add information on the function

when name isn't nil, all items are removed too....

Yeah, it says that in the function description. Its not a bug, thats how its supposed to work.