Viewing ground units issue.

Hi

I'm having issues with the view system, as in switching to see other units. With the function keys, i.e F6 for ground units.

The only view i seem to be able to get is F2 for aircraft and fly by & nearest aircraft type.

I've tried adding all the various roles in the ME, commander, observer etc but selecting these do not help, same problem.

I've checked the keybindings, it seems a lot of the view options are not working.

Can anyone confirm. Thanks

(its something i use a lot in mission building)

F6 is for missiles and bombs.

Can't reproduce this, any more info?

Apologies, took F6 from memory, meant F7.

Right i've just retested: Let me explain again.

Making a mission, so far it has some blue helicopters, ground units & ships. some of the choppers are clients.

I've also added the various roles: commander, observer etc.

When i load the mission to test it I can only view the aircraft by pressing F2

I cant see the other units: ground units F7 or the ships F9 or static F12, the view simply does not switch. I can see them in F10 map mode, i just can't switch to see them. (I can take control of them (alt-j))

F11 does work, switching airfields.

It doesn't matter if i am a pilot, observer, game master, commander or jtac. i cant switch to see ships, ground units or statics.

I don't have any view restriction in mission options or general gameplay options.

Am I being dumb or are others seeing this?

Cheers

Edited by fargone
  • Like 1

I can't reproduce this, sounds like there's something wrong with your view restrictions in the mission.

Hmmm ok, thanks for checking.

I haven't set them at all, but did check they were not on though.

Will test further on a new mission.

Cheers

F7, F9 and F12 are used by TrackIR by default profile. Perhaps your problem relates to TrackIR?

• Like 1

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F7, F9 and F12 are used by TrackIR by default profile. Perhaps your problem relates to TrackIR?

Hmm that is possible actually thinking about it. My TrackIR profile for DCS does not use the default, but the arrow keys instead, but this was when I 1st loaded 1.5 and its possible TrackIR was on its default profile... that would explain what was happening!

Good catch, thanks.