Constat CTD with KA-50 in Battle.miz, DCS 1.5.

JorgeIII

Every time I run the Battle.miz mission with KA-50 DCS will CTD after about 1 minute.

Specific CTD with KA-50 module in this mission.

Sorry, no track.

Attached: system.nfo and DCS Logs.

System:

Windows 10.

GTX 980, last drivers. 1080p.

I7 2600k @ 4.8 GHz.

8 GB DDR3 @ 1,9 KHz

SSD

Xfi creative sound card

TM Hotas

Saiteck Pedals and MFDs.

TrackIr.

system information.zip

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Every time I run the Battle.miz mission with KA-50 DCS will CTD after about 1 minute.

Specific CTD with KA-50 module in this mission.

Sorry, no track.

Attached: system.nfo and DCS Logs.

:doh:

I can verify this, battle.miz is the only mission I've tried so far that crashes during flight, and it happens about one minute into the mission.

I've flown Death Valley.miz and a couple others with different modules and it's just great, wouldn't trade it for the old DCSW's lousy video performance, but with battle.miz it always flies fine for a bit, then the framerate tanks (below 10 FPS) for a second or two and finally it crashes to desktop.

This includes my own edited version of battle.miz, which has greatly reduced numbers of ground vehicles in an attempt to improve the framerate on the old release version of DCSW.

A strange little bug, I've checked MSI Afterburner for video RAM usage after the crash and it always uses 100% (2GB) of my video RAM. Maybe this one mission has a VRAM swapping error; I don't know. Actually one of the things that's always impressed me about DCSW in general is it's seamless VRAM-to-system-RAM swapping. I get practically no video stutters on my rather dated computer when running DCSW, unlike just about every other game under the sun :)

It's only a one-mission bug and I'm sure it'll get sorted out, either by ED or by a more motivated user than myself who'll build a new mission entirely from scratch.

Both the Clear Tvarcheli and Death Valley missions are better anyway :)

My system specs are in my sig, Peace! :thumbup:

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Thanks. I didnt check VRAM.

Not that this mission is so important. I was just flying it to compare FPS as it is a classic low FPS mission.

It was reported because the bug is so specific that it should be easy no nail down a CTD bug that may also be the cause of others CTD more difficult to find.

Otherwise the KA-50 is working fine, I love the directx 11 smoothness of 80-120 FPS!

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the crash on the similar German mission "Die Schlacht"

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2507537

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM