[REPORTED]AI lands downwind

I was playing around with the mission editor and noticed that all ai aircraft make their landings downwind instead of against the wind. I have tested this with different seasons (fall, summer), with and without precipation and with different wind forces and angles on different airfields (Batumi, Kobuletti, Kutaisi) and aircraft (F5-E, P51).

I have then tested the landing behaviour of helicopters (oh-58, Batumi). Though they also make their final approach downwind, they hover-taxi and touch down with their nose into the wind as they should.

I investigated if it could be the smoke effects that were bugged, but they drifted with the wind direction as they should. Also increasing the wind force made it impossible for the P-51 to hold the approach causing the ai to abort the landing time and again, thus proving the wind forces were as indicated in the mission editor and the ai behaviour is at fault here, namely landing on the wrong side of the active with a tailwind.

I hope this is clear enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm sure this goes hand in hand but I notice that ATC tells me to take off and land downwind as well.

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com