Zoom view (axis) & TrackIR

I was just re-familiarising myself with the Su-27, getting controls setup and doing a few test flights.

I noticed the Zoom View under axis commands was not working as expected. I set it to use the slider on my Warthog throttle but it had no effect.

Later I did a quick test flight without TrackIR running and the Zoom View slider worked. So it appears you cant use two zoom methods.

I only have 1.5 installed but don't recall this being an issue flying previously on stable. (but its been a year or two since i've flown)

Is this a 1.5 'bug' or a has this been an intentional change.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by fargone

Go into controls, axis commands. On the bottom, take the trackIR Z-axis of the zoom axis. Add your own axis to this zoom axis, then scroll up to where the other trackIR commands are, there's one you should put the Z axis, I'm not sure what it's called right now.

Check my F-15C guide

• 2 months later...
Go into controls, axis commands. On the bottom, take the trackIR Z-axis of the zoom axis. Add your own axis to this zoom axis, then scroll up to where the other trackIR commands are, there's one you should put the Z axis, I'm not sure what it's called right now.

Sryan is correct. In Track IR column delete Z axis from zoom and further up the column find Absolute Longitudinal Axis Shift camera view. Add Z axis there.

Thanks Sryan, I also forgot how to do this until you posted.