looking for information about tactics

I am looking for information about the employment of Soviet helicopters in the line of the front of the battlefield. I need tactics, types of missions to realizing and planning, information about close air support to the landtroops during the advance of the units of terrestrial assault, tactics manuals, enganging and evasion rules for helis, etc. Any information would be useful for missions and my news campaigns, well constructed and based on credible and logical information, and perhaps probably to create in future, and before Black Shark release, a small manual that includes all this information of precise form.

Also I look for information about the disposition (regulation) and unfolding commonly used for the air defense in the line of the front and nearby areas (in Soviet-Russian units and NATO). Both for SAM's and for anti-aircraft artillery. What type of units (armored and AAA) are in the first line of the front in a defense situation and types of ground units detaching behind for support.

I have found several interesting webs, but I continue thinking that they are slightly precise and what I search it is concrete information of real tactics.... for example "distance of the helicopters advancing ahead of the units armored in a fast forward on having broken the line of the front, or if in this case there would not be air support".

Information like that or more concrete is what I want.

Thank you.

RRP.

Do you think this is likely to be common knowledge? Do you think countries will release their doctrines and battle plans on the internet? The CIA/KGB may know a little about their "opositions", and I guess there are sources/guesses on the internet, but I wouldn't be expecting a lot of credible information if I were you. I know of non, sorry.

. . . . . I guess a really concrete answer would depend on it having been done operationally . . . . . which I should imagine we're rather glad hasn't happened ;)

Examples . . . . let's see.

Look up use of choppers in Afghanistan, airpower/SAM deployment in the Six Days War (SAM deployment in particular being led in both equipment and tactics by the USSR) . . . . not sure what else has been used.

Get creative with Google searches and you might find something you haven't already :)

dynamo -

Soviet tactics are likely to be common knowledge now anyway - we're not living in the Cold War anymore ;)

book

Take a look at this book. It is not specifically about helis, but has some info about their fighting tactics.

And strongly recommend it for fighter pilots.

Naval Institute - Shaw - Fighter Combat - Tactics and Maneuvering

Not very useful for helis, since their job is to -evade- fighters first and foremost, and blow up ground targets. I'm pretty sure I had ran into a field manual for heli tactics somewhere ... I'll look again.

IIRC insofar as the Ka-50 is involved however, it has been used in 'low intensity warfare' only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thank you. With the information that already had and what you give me I believe that I have something with to begin to think about my next campaign, I think that with movie ... but the time will say it. Also if someone knows of pages, don't worry if they ar in russian, wherefrom to extract tactics of assault both of armoured vehicles and of helicopters I will be grateful for it to you.

RRP.