Pad - Ramp Lighting

I know ED is trying to finalize LOBS, but it sure would be nice if we could get Parking Ramp Lighting Towers and/or Portable Auxillary Lighting Units as new objects for nighttime operations. Except for the acft lighting and the taxiway/runway lighting, its pretty dark out there. I would think the 3D models for these two objects could be worked up fairly quickly - at least as good as the APA-50 object (which IS being updated for LOBS).

Night helo operations are definitely going to need some kind on helopad lighting beyond the Black Shark and Cobra on-board lighting systems.

What say you ED ???

What say you LO Community ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A burning oil barrel would be enough for me. :music_whistling:

Now that I think of it, a grassy landing pad or grassy airstrip would be excellent. I remember the grass runway mod which was crude, but gave a good impression of what it'd look like - a grass strip with tyre stacks marking the edges. It would be great if it were recreated in more detail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Sodium Ion lighting would be the hotness.

I have yet to ever see a game simulate that. Well that's not true.

FLY! had them in the parking areas... It would add flavor to night

operations that's for sure.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

I know ED is trying to finalize LOBS, but it sure would be nice if we could get Parking Ramp Lighting Towers and/or Portable Auxillary Lighting Units as new objects for nighttime operations. Except for the acft lighting and the taxiway/runway lighting, its pretty dark out there. I would think the 3D models for these two objects could be worked up fairly quickly - at least as good as the APA-50 object (which IS being updated for LOBS).

Night helo operations are definitely going to need some kind on helopad lighting beyond the Black Shark and Cobra on-board lighting systems.

What say you ED ???

What say you LO Community ???

second that ....

Cheers!

What about taxi signs at all? Do the eastern airports do not have them? Some time its quite hard to know where to taxi ( if you have the map it's easy, or if you go to F2 view...) I am playing the good old Flight Unlimited III once in a while and even it is an old game, they have taxi sign and Ground/Tower comms...

Christian