any plans for a Bison/LanceR/-97?

ShuRugal

I know this has been batted around by fans before, but can't seem to find much from LN about it...

Are there any plans to produce one of the upgraded radar/avionics packages for the 21? The airframe itself is fun to fly, but employing it online is pure misery with the sensors currently installed.

I know this has been batted around by fans before, but can't seem to find much from LN about it...

Are there any plans to produce one of the upgraded radar/avionics packages for the 21? The airframe itself is fun to fly, but employing it online is pure misery with the sensors currently installed.

Regarding your premise here: Big public servers trying to accommodate for every single module aren't really suitable. Not for this aircraft, hardly for any aircraft. I think established scenarios with a mix between PVP and PVE will yield you a better flying experience under more realistic conditions. :)

The LN team is at work with 3 new aircraft + semi-small sceneries, so it is safe to say that they have absolutely no plan to upgrade the 21.

Regarding your premise here: Big public servers trying to accommodate for every single module aren't really suitable. Not for this aircraft, hardly for any aircraft. I think established scenarios with a mix between PVP and PVE will yield you a better flying experience under more realistic conditions. :)
Well, the -21bis is definitely unsuited for such an environment, especially in the absence of AWACS or GCI. However, there's no reason a model with a modern sensor suite and weapons loadout could not be competetive: The range is adequate for the current map size, and the airframe itself is an excellent boom-and-zoom platform.

The problem with using the -21bis online is that the aircraft selection from that era is very small, and is currently nowhere near as popular as FC-3, so it's nearly impossible to find a server running suitable missions which is populated with other players.

The LN team is at work with 3 new aircraft + semi-small sceneries, so it is safe to say that they have absolutely no plan to upgrade the 21.

fair enough.

I'm glad there are no such plans.

Why not my friend?

I think that the upgraded MiG-21 variants are a great addition to the sim, even if only we can have one of them.

I sure will pay for an upgraded version. I don´t think we should get negative about the possibility.

The LANCER would require an almost complete module rework as it is based on MF variant and the cockpit and avionics are almost completely different tech from the current Bis.

And since RoAF is planning to replace its fleet of LANCERs with something else not even a military backed contract for training purposes looks possible.

Maybe in a very distant future...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The LANCER would require an almost complete module rework as it is based on MF variant and the cockpit and avionics are almost completely different tech from the current Bis.

And since RoAF is planning to replace its fleet of LANCERs with something else not even a military backed contract for training purposes looks possible.

Maybe in a very distant future...

I'd buy the crap out of it. It's a Fishbed, for starters, but it's also a Fishbed with a sexy suite of new avionics.

Basically, if you can get me an accurate simulation of any Fishbed, I'll buy it. I'll pre order it. I'll love it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Why not my friend?

I think that the upgraded MiG-21 variants are a great addition to the sim, even if only we can have one of them.

I sure will pay for an upgraded version. I don´t think we should get negative about the possibility.

If the world were a perfect place, we would sure have all modifications of all aircrafts. And I too would buy a Bison, Lancer or whatever they made. But sadly we have to consider priorities in distribution of resourses and manhours.

Seeing the slow progress in finishing the Bis' systems, I don't think they have a lot of those resourses to spare. Especially while having to split them between F-14 and whatever A/Cs are currently in developement. The visual part of Bison/Lancer would be no problem for LN, but modelling the systems would be a long and painful process considering their complexity compared to the bis.

Edited by Harle

If the world were a perfect place, we would sure have all modifications of all aircrafts. And I too would by a Bison, Lanser or whatever they made. But sadly we have to consider priorities in distribution of resourses and manhours.

Seeing the slow progress in finishing the Bis' systems, I don't think they have a lot of those resourses to spare. Especially while having to split them between F-14 and whatever A/Cs are currently in developement. The visual part of Bison/Lancer wolud be no problem for LN, but modelling the systems would be a long and painful process considering their complexity compared to the bis.

Still, there is no reason why they couldn't move forward on this after they have completed the F14 and their other unannounced aircraft that they have in the pipeline. I too would love a modernized version of the Fishbed, if for no other reason then then fact that GCI and EWR are so poorly modeled.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Still, there is no reason...

I think you have quoted the reasons.

The problems don't disappear after the release of other modules. If their success will be so colossal and they develop to such extend that they will have money and workforce lying around and nothing else to do... yeah... we will see Bison and LANCER.

From my part... I am relaxed... we got THE MIG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

bis is the last version product by ussr, and bison or lancer is the upgraded pack for export variants. I like these variants, and there are many interesting upgraded for different ones.

And I think new type aircraft is good for marketing and easy to make the consumer's eyeball focus on them... so let the new aircraft come first and later for variants, that's my opinion.