MICA missiles energy

Tucano_uy

Hi guys,

I know it is not a RAZBAM issue, but I believe people in the know might be around here.

I was fooling around in a Su27, fighting against 2 AI Mirage 2000-5. I've noticed that they shot early and the missiles suddenly ran out of energy and dropped from the sky. I didn't manoeuver, kept flying towards the Mirages and the missiles didn't even reach mid way between them and me.

Something seems to be wrong. Either the Mirages shot waaaay to early or the missiles should behave differently. Maybe as this weapon is only used by the AI, ED hasn't put too much work on it.

Attached is the acmi file.

I would appreciate any comments,

Thanks

MICA.zip

Edited by Tucano_uy
Attachment didn't upload

What was your attitude (hot-hot same level?) and distance to the Mirages when they fired their missiles?

That first info would give a clue to know whether it is a problem with the AI firing too early or the missile degrading too much.

Then I guess you would have to report in the DCS World forum (not Razbam's).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Some AI AA missiles use the old flight model. The easiest way to tell is that they barely bleed speed in hard turns. They also might suddenly lose energy after a while, but I'm not sure.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Current MICA, Magic II and Super 530F missiles used by AI aircrafts have wrong flight models that make them very short ranged weapons.

Max range Magic II = 1.3 nmiles

Max range Super 530F = 4.0 nmiles

We are working with ED to improve those flight models so the missiles match their true values.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."