DCS Flight School

Baxter

With the advent of an aircraft like the L-39, and its dual seat capability it seems like a good time to gauge any interest in a virtual squadron that simply trains airmen to a quality level that they are ready for entry into any of the fine virtual organizations that exist. I realize that the avionics are Russian and metric altimetry is only native to Russian aircraft but the concepts are all the same. Shooting a precision approach, Tacform, radial intercepts, overhead breaks, emergency decision making all are transferable skills. As other trainers become available with 2 seat capability i.e. The hawk, they could be added to the roster.

The catch obviously is the financial commitment of the student buying the module of the aircraft needed. So that's why I am gauging the interest of learning in this manner versus just throwing students in an A-10 and chasing them around or any other single seat platform for that matter.

Every virtual wing has its forms of training I just figured this way we could produce a pipeline of qualified airmen for these wings to choose from when they graduate out of the program. You want to fly A-10s? Go to the 476 or the 132nd. You want to fly F-15s? Check out the 104th etc etc for all aircraft in DCS. I just figured this would alleviate some time from these organizations in training students basic airmanship skills. Nothing is easy doing it on your own.

So again just gauging interest, if any of you have any thoughts or ideas on a program such as this please let me know! The L-39 is a terrific little jet!

Edited by Baxter

I think it's a good idea, for as and when 2-seaters become viable. The financial outlay is ... minimal, compared to bona fide IRL flight training (simulated or otherwise).

Personally, I'd like to see a two-seat prop trainer though. Some of us aren't (virtual) jet jockeys. ;-)

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Man o man i love all the training aids i see in different threads...

Once i get myself all started up again ill be needing some training but "MY" biggest prob will be scheduling...I drive long haul truck and im never home the same days per week so some sorta schedule would be an idea..You book your training time ahead of time..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Right Mojoe...every virtual wing has a similar training program but no one uses a two seat trainer to conduct training. Its all conducted through a chase plane or external views, not saying thats bad but actually being in the pit with someone would make training a lot more valuable

It would be great if it was possible for teachers to observe from an in-cockpit view, rather than an external view, even for single-seat aircraft. I wonder if ED could add this?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen